T-60 Gorky Automobile Plant, Miniart 35232 Interior Kit.

Hi there folks, here are a few pictures from my completed T-60 Gorky from Miniart.  There are four versions that can be built, the one that I chose to build was the Red Army, February-March 1942. This has been a lovely little model to build which has a nice mix of interior/exterior. For this particular model I chose to do a winter white wash and then apply a little snow to the tracks, body and wheels of the model...

y4mPpGxuWdnvY2ERkrge_eL94is2XwgrB3NiFgaP

y4mYjqj6brv-j7HKyqHLTsH8KZTsINkhDUgIBSDd

y4mR69xMSIHVBc4SM_YTVhk7LIQ5oLlnRDdLRSUg

y4mJSqIR-1EyZi5XVUTThR5RAIWz51Z1lQC6wfFB

y4mm4MTkb2zb_yOnbNxO6fEWhZn4HcviqzFn0Mky

Here are some photo's of the interior before I had added the top to the main body, just so that you can see the nice detail Miniart have included in the model.

y4mzUBKFX18cRuj9ntglMubPIc5c8gWqv6az9JuT

y4mRO2_MfEyX9k3j3Q3uTXl4SdDN-HNC_2ckDrUK

y4mZpRZ0vfEEhSIIbUW6KYZ8N6zuGG-Jge0cij1e

I had constructed the model so that you can have hatches open along with the engine hatch, removable transmission plate etc. I didn't glue the top of the turret so that is removable so that you can see inside.

y4mPoXN-G5_CHqMupoktRPT0V0VpZguoZ4B3XJrh

A view from the top of the model showing the internals of the model..

y4m2m3XlFYAszXHdTzLwDUqkwpTw_Rl-Eu9_hF6z

A couple of views of the turret from the top and underside.

y4mgZ2qcAVRdy9_Zqeg8HejCxaE3cgsyECPH1CBQ

y4mHRBu13WxJmXoBiCviUmW5Oc-fKhM-4SFbHxUs

This model is definitely recommended for those who wish to have a go at an interior build. It doesn't take that long either to build compared to the T-55A which I had built earlier. No additions have been added to the model, it was straight out the box.

Final view of the front of the T-60....

y4m6f46tPDHnIMV5OEVwb3YoUNGEceUjpFljvl9N

that's it hope you like it..

Link to WIP     https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235083861-t-60-gorky-automobile-plant-miniart-35232-interior-kit/  

all the best 

Ed

• Like 29

44 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's really nice, love the finish you've got on everything - outside and in!

Lovely job!

Keith

Thank you Keith, really appreciate you looking in and for your kind comments

all the best

Ed

Great work Ed real little gem!

Great modelling both inside and out, tremendous paintwork and weathering too!

Have to ask as I've a thing for it at present what did you use for the snow?

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Great work Ed real little gem!

Great modelling both inside and out, tremendous paintwork and weathering too!

Have to ask as I've a thing for it at present what did you use for the snow?

Cheers 

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl for the kind comments. For the snow i used AK Snow Microballoons, i mixed pva glue 50/50 with water so its like a milky consistency then i applied this via brush onto the model only on small parts at a time, then i used a spatula and dropped the snow on top, then turned the model upside down and tapped away the excess. If it’s too much you can gently brush it away.

All the best

Ed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Darryl for the kind comments. For the snow i used AK Snow Microballoons, i mixed pva glue 50/50 with water so its like a milky consistency then i applied this via brush onto the model only on small parts at a time, then i used a spatula and dropped the snow on top, then turned the model upside down and tapped away the excess. If it’s too much you can gently brush it away.

All the best

Ed

Cheers Ed, I have the microballons so might give it a shot!

Thanks

• Like 1

This is an excellent piece of work Ed. The efforts you have made on the detailing have really paid off and I'm glad that all of your hard work on the interior can be seen as well. The whitewash has worked out really well.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ernst said:

Stunning work, the lining on the exhaust looks very convincing. The worn interrior, beautiful. The driver sitting just next to the engine, what conditions those guys fought.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thank you Ernst, that's much appreciated, it's only when doing the interior builds that you get to see how cramped they must have been and the noise by sitting next to the engine must have been incredible, nice and warm though!

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

This is an excellent piece of work Ed. The efforts you have made on the detailing have really paid off and I'm glad that all of your hard work on the interior can be seen as well. The whitewash has worked out really well.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne really appreciate you looking in and commenting, I'm really pleased with the result, I wasn't sure how the white wash and snow would turn out, but it's gone well...

again thanks 

Ed

• Like 1

A very nice build. You have nailed the whitewash finish to perfection.

The opening hatches is a nice touch, all that internal detail goes to waste otherwise. The position of the gearstick looks to be rather difficult for the driver to reach, gearchanges on rough ground would have been interesting!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyW said:

A very nice build. You have nailed the whitewash finish to perfection.

The opening hatches is a nice touch, all that internal detail goes to waste otherwise. The position of the gearstick looks to be rather difficult for the driver to reach, gearchanges on rough ground would have been interesting!

Thanks Tony for your kind comments, agree about the positioning of the gear stick, not a lot of internal photo's at the moment to check this out. yeah, very interesting indeed...

all the best

Ed

Watched this one grow all the way through, and I thought that it would turn out to be a cracker......and it has. And it's funny how you pick out small items that catch your eye, apart from the excellent internals. What grabbed my attention was the rusty exhaust and the wrap around insulation. Bees knees.

John.

• Thanks 1