10 hours ago, Widow 65 said:

It was an adventure, I was 19 years old! Sorry no tips, society, people and the Army has changed immensely since "my days" in green. I'm afraid your on youre own. I've been out 10 years now.

Same age as me now :) wish I made the decision to go in sooner as soon as I turned 18 aha. I understand. Makes allot of sense. After you did your 22 did you retire fully or move into civvie street? 

• Like 1

Made some more progress this morning with the KFOR. 

Mainly focussed on the detail of the hull top, especially the 32 hinges and hooks. Managed also to fit the both halves of the hull together with relative ease. Which is lucky knowing some o the trumpeter kits' reputations. 

664e47f01db7e84a7cdc43f1bcb7d76c.jpg

31a949c3c0ef39ffb55d41eddd8b47d4.jpg

61a43d6e6c64f855c95831410f4a3c8f.jpg

Its interesting how some things in the kit are obviously inferior to the RFM kits(Today it was wrongly sized and positioned lamps), but there are also some pleasant surprises, such as all the mould artefacts being already trimmed off the inside of the hull. Something I had to do myself on the RFM.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, British Army Platforms said:

Made some more progress this morning with the KFOR. 

Mainly focussed on the detail of the hull top, especially the 32 hinges and hooks. Managed also to fit the both halves of the hull together with relative ease. Which is lucky knowing some o the trumpeter kits' reputations. 

664e47f01db7e84a7cdc43f1bcb7d76c.jpg

31a949c3c0ef39ffb55d41eddd8b47d4.jpg

61a43d6e6c64f855c95831410f4a3c8f.jpg

Its interesting how some things in the kit are obviously inferior to the RFM kits(Today it was wrongly sized and positioned lamps), but there are also some pleasant surprises, such as all the mould artefacts being already trimmed off the inside of the hull. Something I had to do myself on the RFM.

Looking good mate  -  "those grab handles"   they drove me nuts.

Erk.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

Same age as me now :) wish I made the decision to go in sooner as soon as I turned 18 aha. I understand. Makes allot of sense. After you did your 22 did you retire fully or move into civvie street? 

Ha! Did I retire fully 😅 I don't think anyone can retire at 40 unless they are very well off. I continue to work hard everyday and now work for SAAB in the live simulation field, so I still get my military fix, although its dwindling somewhat as each year passes, but more importantly I still get to climb all over tanks, warriors and anything else we fit our systems too.  Best thing is though that I go back to a warm bed every night and not the warm "back decks" of a chally 2.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Widow 65 said:

Ha! Did I retire fully 😅 I don't think anyone can retire at 40 unless they are very well off. I continue to work hard everyday and now work for SAAB in the live simulation field, so I still get my military fix, although its dwindling somewhat as each year passes, but more importantly I still get to climb all over tanks, warriors and anything else we fit our systems too.  Best thing is though that I go back to a warm bed every night and not the warm "back decks" of a chally 2.

Sorry I meant to say retire fully from military 😂. As I’ve come across quite a few Capt / Adjutants (Retd) who are still part of regiments. 

Ah wow that must be amazing! What sort of kit to you fit? Is it all testing based and theory. 

Right now the Chally sounds more inviting 😂but I’m sure that will change with experience of both those sleeping situations aha.

• Like 1

Good news everyone, The dozer blade fits the RFM models so I think I'm certainly going ahead with sticking the dozer blade on the TES. This also suggests that out of the two vehicles (being focussed on urban fighting), the more armoured tank (TES) will now also have the means to clear paths, putting it at the front makes sense even more. Much like an iron fist of a sqd formation within the iron first of the UK Division ;)

Dozer blade down (Cant touch floor due to the lip/guard in front of the lamps on this model)

ae379ebee2bf896ac1b43d3d5aa74539.jpg

Dozer retracted

2e503a18a9535d4f5f18c2ac31b7fceb.jpg

Also I had to modify how (what I can only assume is) the hydraulic ram connects to the rig. I used a pin to go through a hole I made as the pins protruding from the model don't quite reach far enough to occupy both holes. You can see the redundant original pins and then the rod I've put in place to replace them, below: 

9524aee9209150311f33fc20912b9845.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the results of todays progress. 

I have managed to modify the loops on the trumpeter such that once the TES is built too, the dozer and amour can be changed out. (The standard RFM chally taking place for the TES to showcase this) The side armour and dozer was the main focus for today. 

c19fee1122462b91e1000e452f3eb3e3.jpg

5ba68982908f149f0012f34ba364c364.jpg

• Like 3

Progress by the end of today. 

af7d0378784fb72f4f41418247dfb187.jpg

Having done another hour today, I started the gun mount and turret. As you can see the barrel is made and fixed now onto the Turret. There were a few detials to add to the turret and I started making the mounted GPMG 6.75mm. 

c19c78f7ada63ff6e8989657b9c75460.jpg

The operators hatch was poorly moulded meaning that you have to close it and even then the hinges don't line up. So with some modification I have made it open-able and closable, With one shortfall, which I'm curious about if its something seen on the real CR2. In this model there is one option for the hatch to have bars around it. These prevent the hatch from closing all the way!! 

ba2ebd5b343fb70fa29aba6eafd328a3.jpg

38b47c639f33cdbc0378a174b67fe0b7.jpg

• Like 4
12 hours ago, British Army Platforms said:

Good news everyone, The dozer blade fits the RFM models so I think I'm certainly going ahead with sticking the dozer blade on the TES. This also suggests that out of the two vehicles (being focussed on urban fighting), the more armoured tank (TES) will now also have the means to clear paths, putting it at the front makes sense even more. Much like an iron fist of a sqd formation within the iron first of the UK Division ;)

Dozer blade down (Cant touch floor due to the lip/guard in front of the lamps on this model)

ae379ebee2bf896ac1b43d3d5aa74539.jpg

Dozer retracted

2e503a18a9535d4f5f18c2ac31b7fceb.jpg

Also I had to modify how (what I can only assume is) the hydraulic ram connects to the rig. I used a pin to go through a hole I made as the pins protruding from the model don't quite reach far enough to occupy both holes. You can see the redundant original pins and then the rod I've put in place to replace them, below: 

9524aee9209150311f33fc20912b9845.jpg

Excellent work  and good mend on the Piston pivit join,   the blade really adds to it  makes it all the more purposeful.

Erk.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, British Army Platforms said:

Progress by the end of today. 

af7d0378784fb72f4f41418247dfb187.jpg

Having done another hour today, I started the gun mount and turret. As you can see the barrel is made and fixed now onto the Turret. There were a few detials to add to the turret and I started making the mounted GPMG 6.75mm. 

c19c78f7ada63ff6e8989657b9c75460.jpg

The operators hatch was poorly moulded meaning that you have to close it and even then the hinges don't line up. So with some modification I have made it open-able and closable, With one shortfall, which I'm curious about if its something seen on the real CR2. In this model there is one option for the hatch to have bars around it. These prevent the hatch from closing all the way!! 

ba2ebd5b343fb70fa29aba6eafd328a3.jpg

38b47c639f33cdbc0378a174b67fe0b7.jpg

That does seem a bit odd  with the hatch cover not being able to clear the framework all the way to close.

Erk.

• Confused 1

I was wonder what the correct model paint colour is  for the track connection parts  - they look to be a kind of  beige/sand colour  with  grey/black track pads?

Any ideas?

Erk.

14 hours ago, ERK said:

I was wonder what the correct model paint colour is  for the track connection parts  - they look to be a kind of  beige/sand colour  with  grey/black track pads?

Any ideas?

Erk.

It depends of the tank scheme I think. As I have seen modern chally’s with the dessert like sand colour on the body, and the links match. If your going to weather them as well I’d focus on just covering them in mud aha. Usually they are a greasy rusted black I have found though, with the pads being a black rubber colour obviously. 

Berlin Brigade Camo Choosing 

Since the conversion table I used to get the colours suggested by RFM for a Berlin camo, did not convert to Tamiya. I’ll need some expert advice to help me choose which will best suit the schemes colours: 

spacer.png

please reply with the Names of the cans ie TS-52 for example, I personally think brown should be TS-64 (NATO Brown) and the grey AS-25 (Dark Ghost)

But your opinions are more founded than mine...

The blue Grey colour:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Browns: 

spacer.png

(@FrancisGL I know you have done a Berlin camo so your opinion would be great) 

• Like 1

It depends of the tank scheme I think. As I have seen modern chally’s with the dessert like sand colour on the body, and the links match. If your going to weather them as well I’d focus on just covering them in mud aha. Usually they are a greasy rusted black I have found though, with the pads being a black rubber colour obviously. 

Thanks mate.

Erk.

Finished the Trumppy. And glad there’s no more to cement together before I get paints - as I ran out in perfect timing! Will be adding some extra thin Tamiya to my next basket. 

Anyway, here is the model finished - dry fitted of course ready to be broken down for painting later. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Did you look through Wayne's Berlin build? There are some good shots of the blue grey and brown. (Looking at a bottle in my stash Ocean Grey 2 is the nearest imo.)

• Like 1