Revell 1/72 u-boat Grey Wolves kit

Hi 

I have just bought the 1/72 Revell kit and now, after sweating over not buying it for months, I’m now looking for some kind of positive reinforcement and support from those on here that I have done the right thing.
The don’t come up too often and if I didn’t get it I might never have had and etc...😬

I hope this was wise and money well spent.

Especially as a box that can only live in the garage will not go unnoticed when it arrives.

• Like 2

Its a great kit and will provide you with hours of modelling, there is a lot of aftermarket available, so the level of detail is down to you. OOB its impressive, only snag with the kit is that the forward dive planes are too far forward and foul the anchor, but TBH no one notices.

All the best Chris

• Thanks 1

Well she arrived and she is so big she will not be getting built on this bench but might be displayed on a shelf above. Really looking forward to researching and making a start.

50922865691_174938139f_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'll second(or third) the positive comments. I did one a few years back, just after I started modelling again after a lengthy break. Really enjoyed mine and it's certainly got a lot of impact and I think good value for money. I took the time to drill out the flooding holes on mine, which was time well spent I think. I ended up buying a cheap floating glass shelf from B&Q which is about twice the length of the stand, so the model sits nicely on that. 

I'm thinking of re-priming mine and re-spraying it as my skills have improved in the last few years and mine looks positively drab compared to many of the ones I look at in RFI's these days!

• Like 2