British Army Air Corps AH-64 D

spacer.pngHere is the dry fit after all parts are glued (some not for ease of painting)

I feel it may be sacrilege not using an airbrush for the painting of this model, however to suit my amateur needs I will be using the 100ml Tamiya spray cans (Nato Black - TS-63 -  x Olive Drab - AS-6)  to create the Helo Drab colour. For detail I will use Tamiya's acrylic paints with brush application of X-11 silver and XF-2 white. I know these colours are limited, however for my first model Id like it to be more simple as I fare better with building than painting.

Here are some close ups of the parts I have completed. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Thinking of re-masking the cockpit for painting. 

Any suggestions for any of this model's build would be appreciated. 

I have found @Troffa 's post under a thread extremely useful for finding this specific model and using reference images they passed on in that post. 

I feel it slightly wrong in  letting my virgin-modeller hands onto this model as it was quite hard to source, from USA actually costing a small fortunate to get across the pond! However I am taking extreme care that it should not be in vain.

a useful link to the comment by @Troffa in case anyone wanted to use it. 

• Like 5

Looking good.  They have a menacing presence about the dont they?

p0PIL74.jpg

I am just down the road from Wattisham so they fly over almost daily, sometimes right over the house.  Always good to see.  This one came to the Community Centre fete a couple of years back

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bar side said:

Looking good.  They have a menacing presence about the dont they?

p0PIL74.jpg

I am just down the road from Wattisham so they fly over almost daily, sometimes right over the house.  Always good to see.  This one came to the Community Centre fete a couple of years back

Ah wow, super jealous! I’ve only had a few random encounters with them. The only time I’ve been near any Ah Squadrons they weren’t up aha! Here’s some clips from the two times I encountered them: 

having tried to do my best with the 100ml spray cans from tamiya, here are some spoiler photos of the paint job with a few decals on. I’ve yet to weather it, but hopefully this should keep propel undated before the final reveal. Have a few other adjustments I’d like to make as well as weathering. 

This is only a short topic. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

I drove down the road one day and it was like Apocalypse Now - about 15 of them took off at once for a fly past in Bury I think.  Couldn’t pull over to take a photo.  It’s fun parking up by the crash gate & they are rehearsing their display routine.  And when the Antonov comes in it’s quite something to see

• Like 1