Fokker E.III Josef Jacobs 1/32 Wingnut Wings

Xtof P

So here are a few pics of my littele  Wingnut Wings Fokker E.III. I´ve built this just before i joined Bitmodell, so i thought i´d Show it as my very first topic in this forum.  I is actually my very first WWI plane, my first Wingnut Wings and one of my very first builds after amodelling- pause of some 30 years - so please be lenient with me. 

It´s a fantastic kit and i had shiploads of fun doing it. Thanks to the Internet i had lots of tuturials, especially the YouTube channel of Scale-a-ton has a comprehensive build video i took a lot of hints and tips from.

I´ve also used a few aftermarket bits, like the excellent HGW PE & Fabric Seat Belts Set, Master Spandau LMG 08, GasPatch turnbuckles and EZ line for the rigging. The Oberursel U1 by TaurusModel ose one extremely fiddly Little addition - and i had to thin the cowling quite a bit to fit the engine - but it was well worth the effort.

I´ve used Tamiya paints, thinned with IPA for airbrushing and Alclad for the metal pieces. Weathering was done mainly with soft pastels and brushes. Painting the propeller was one hell of a task - and needs still a lot of practice in the future. 

Alltogether i am very happyi came back to this hobby again. There are a lot of Beautiful kits out there and luckily i bought a few more Wingnut Wings kits before they closed down. So for my next build i´ve Chosen he Fokker D.VII in the seven swabians livery. I´ve got htenedbeautiful the Aviattic decals - and am actually a bit frightend because i´ve never done a decalling Job of this extent before - i think i will start an "in progress" topic on that build soon.

Hope you enjoy the pics! Christof

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

y4meTGGdkAEGYomdKM5m9wUXZ4RUpVm_optPPYGF

y4m5OcKPAgtSgpoqFuyLsdbpT_T3ohS4ex90GItG

y4m0GJWilpC5FN--D2aBSQd_pzsnJNA1QMV84e0M

y4m3OR1QgAXQYJVXvElL1FPdeNVQ9eoJd3y4lOpU

y4mNH1RhrmhabtW_jOgiB6hpx22sScxe07u5ccjv

Edited by Xtof P
  • Like 2