MiniArt 1/35 Pz III Ausf D - Group Build Entry

robw_uk

15 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Rob. Nice work on the interior. :thumbsup: It's a shame more isn't going to be seen.

Kind regards,

Stix

with the turret hatches open you can see quite well... but "I will know it is done" 😉

hope to get this primed and start painting this weekend. NightShift has just done a dunkelgrau Pz II so may follow his more complex process (not that my airbrush skills are good enough I think)....

• Like 1

Nice work with the turret, at a similar stage myself and thinking doing the interior, even a limited one, probably wasn't a great idea for me on a limited time build!

Good luck, come along really well.

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

finally muckied up the turret interior just a little and glued it all together - build now complete so when I get the chance will start painting

IMG-20210313-154610.jpg

IMG-20210313-154556.jpg

IMG-20210313-154559.jpg

• Like 10

finally got around to priming the exterior... might get to start the dunkelgrau tomorrow (going to try following a NightShift process he posted a few weeks ago)

IMG-20210326-161226.jpg

IMG-20210326-161241.jpg

• Like 3

Great to see it with the primer on Rob! Were you able to get some dunkelgrau on yesterday? Looking forward to see more progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Great to see it with the primer on Rob! Were you able to get some dunkelgrau on yesterday? Looking forward to see more progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

thanks Stix... nope no painting time yesterday - maybe next weekend or during the following week - have a week of so maybe there will be some paint time

• Like 1

Hi Rob. Great to see it with the grey paint on and I'm looking forward to seeing it with the decals on. I always thing decals start to bring these kits to life. Lovely stuff.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just noticed I only have a few weeks left to finish - may not get it 100% complete (ie not all the weathering)... 

so finally got some time to do pin wash and add fender furniture... next up some smaller parts and the front track armour as well as painting the wooden boxes for the rear

DSC01611.jpg

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

• Like 2

more work - tracks on, more small parts on, found out I had only made 4/5 track runs for the frontal armour, 5th made (not as long as it should be) so needs painting... Not going for heavily weathered so matt varnish on body and the wooden boxes to finish

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

• Like 2