MiniArt 1/35 Pz III Ausf D - Group Build Entry

robw_uk

That's coming on nicely.   I confess I left off those two tiny brass discs on the final drives... I can barely see them and I have enough trouble with PE anyway.

I haven't got as far as the interior yet, but I see they've included a turret basket that oughtn't to be there.  🙃

6 hours ago, Six97s said:

That's coming on nicely.   I confess I left off those two tiny brass discs on the final drives... I can barely see them and I have enough trouble with PE anyway.

I haven't got as far as the interior yet, but I see they've included a turret basket that oughtn't to be there.  🙃

I lost one disk and one of the rear brackets for the fender flap...

And no turret basket? You mean the floor of the turret? Would've assumed it was correct....

more progress on "fender furniture". I have added all that should be grey (apart form LHS fire extinguisher which would block the crow bar location once fitted). Also added the start pf the boxes - the locating brackets on the engine deck. I need to add the tow cable brackets but will leave them til closer to painting. I need to research 1 box on the RHS to see what colour it was and then I think I am on to the turret.

IMG-20210217-072552.jpg

IMG-20210214-181823.jpg

IMG-20210217-072538.jpg

IMG-20210217-072607.jpg

• Like 10

On 15/02/2021 at 05:59, robw_uk said:

I lost one disk and one of the rear brackets for the fender flap...

And no turret basket? You mean the floor of the turret? Would've assumed it was correct....

Exactly - no floor that revolves with the turret, unless someone knows different?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Six97s said:

Exactly - no floor that revolves with the turret, unless someone knows different?

i can't find the D but the RFM J with full interior doesnt as the transmission(?) tunnel runs slap bang through the middle of the vehicle.. but think I will add it just cos noone else will see

• Like 1

16 hours ago, robw_uk said:

i can't find the D but the RFM J with full interior doesnt as the transmission(?) tunnel runs slap bang through the middle of the vehicle.. but think I will add it just cos noone else will see

Yes, there's no turret floor. The commander and gunner had seats attached to the turret, but the poor old loader had to stand on the hull floor and walk around as the turret traversed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ned said:

Yes, there's no turret floor. The commander and gunner had seats attached to the turret, but the poor old loader had to stand on the hull floor and walk around as the turret traversed.

Correct as I understand it as well.  The III had no turret basket, but the Pz IV did.

went with the full floor - know it is not accurate but i like it... and rear boxes done (just placed for now).... some small fiddly parts (and more to come with the main gun), not that you will see much of it

IMG-20210220-145731.jpg

IMG-20210220-145744.jpg

IMG-20210220-161927.jpg

IMG-20210220-161934.jpg

IMG-20210220-171922.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Rob. Good to see more progress and the detail does look great. It's interesting to see the interior as well - but I still don't think I'm going the use the insides on my build - as much as I'd like to, I think it would slow me down far too much. I reckon I'm pushing it a little already building a 1/35 kit and hosting as well!! :frantic:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

quick bit of white, detail painting and grey scuffs... as you can't see a great deal I probably wont do too much more (if anything) on the interior, maybe some dust and muck around the bottom of the supports and box on the floor

IMG-20210228-163232.jpg

IMG-20210228-163302.jpg

IMG-20210228-163309.jpg

IMG-20210228-164155.jpg

• Like 7