MiniArt 1/35 Pz III Ausf D - Group Build Entry

robw_uk

This will be my build, box still in cellophane. I will do the version on the cover (most do from this kit) with all that lovely add-on track armour and the boxes mounted on the rear

dav-vivi.jpg

Edited by robw_uk
  • Like 7

Hi Rob. Hope you are well. Great to see you here. Yet another fantastic kit. I do have this one in the stash and was originally planning on making it in this GB, but, looking at the complex running gear and parts count I decided that, that kit and hosting this GB weren’t compatible!!! I am really looking forward to seeing your build of this kit.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Rob. Hope you are well. Great to see you here. Yet another fantastic kit. I do have this one in the stash and was originally planning on making it in this GB, but, looking at the complex running gear and parts count I decided that, that kit and hosting this GB weren’t compatible!!! I am really looking forward to seeing your build of this kit.

Kind regards,

Stix

nah that running gear is easy 😉 eeeeeeeeeek just opened the box which is making me smile (sad)... can't wait until Saturday - once the gloss on the Terminator & Pz35 is done I can start this

• Like 2

doesn't have a full interior but does have the turret nicely done so will open up some hatches for interest (more practice ahead of the 3 full interior builds I have planned)

• Like 2

Hi Rob, that's a kit that I haven't seen before but I did get a pack of their Panzer III tracks to replace some Tamiya rubber band tracks.  They look a bit daunting but as long as you have some good plastic snips to remove the links from their 5 attachment points its not too bad.  It will be interesting to see what the rest of the kit is like. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Interesting choice, is this one of the variants that was a prototype/few converted? I seem t remember reading something about that.

it is yes - think there were 30... mostly used in Poland and Norway....

• Like 1

no sprue shot (there are a lot of them) but proof I only started today...

Oh boy the suspension is fiddly but it looks really nice. Not finished the first side tho - still a few more parts to add, then on to the second

IMG-20210206-143956.jpg

IMG-20210206-164838.jpg 

• Like 10

Hi Rob. Great to see this underway and yes it does look a little on the fiddly side! Should look really interesting though. Good luck with the rest!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

more work. Completed the suspension (I think that was one reason the Ausf E+ were more popular) the exhausts, smoke grenades and the rear deck (which will be covered in boxes). Next up will be the wheels....

IMG-20210207-181937.jpg

IMG-20210207-182002.jpg

IMG-20210207-181950.jpg

• Like 9

• robw_uk changed the title to MiniArt 1/35 Pz III Ausf D - Group Build Entry

running gear done and the wheels. The pins to put the wheels on are VERY fragile (one has broken and been repaired, two are showing stress points) so will probably have to leave the wheels on once on for tracks - shouldn't be too bad as rubber grey & dunkelgelb aren't too dissimilar so painting on the kit should be ok. May start tracks tonight as think it will be easier to do the first fitting without the fenders on.

IMG-20210209-074030.jpg

IMG-20210209-074034.jpg

• Like 8

so a couple of hours tonight... just under half a track run done (and the wheels added - not going to take them off now).... some clean up (5 points per track link) but they will look nice once all done. Plan is to do bits and pieces of them as there is no glue - ideal for lunchtime. No jig so finding it easier to do one link at a time  - isn't too slow and found a run of 4/5/6 too fiddly to get the pins in

IMG-20210209-202928.jpg

• Like 11