Revell 1/144 C-17A

This C-17A is another of one my builds after a 30 year gap in building models. This Charleston "T-tail" is from the 437 Air Mobility Wing, my last assignment after serving 30 years in the Air Force. It was a slightly challenging build, especially with me still learning to airbrush acrylics. The Revell kit is pretty basic which is why I added some extras plus I used DrawDecals that went on really smooth. In the last picture, I parked in next to a C-130, the kit I built just prior to the C-17. Next kit is a 1/144 Travis C-5M from Roden to complete my tour with Air Mobility Command. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 57
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, lksavidge said:

I used DrawDecals that went on really smooth

Another vote for Draw Decals from me, they are superb.  If the C-5 turns out as nicely as your C-17 (and the C-130) it is going to be very nice indeed.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind words. I find that this is a very supportive group of modelers. I've seen some other sites where the critiques are quite abundant. I'd always welcome advice, suggestion or tips, but the positive attitudes makes this site very enjoyable. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Very nice.  I like the subtle weathering, which is much more realistic than some, given how clean the USAF ones were kept.  

Regards

Tim

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...