New-ish member from Lancashire

Johnha

Hi All, I'm John from Lancashire. I joined a while ago but before I could say hello something went awry if life which has occupied much of my time since. Lockdown has led to the space I had planned for a workbench being turned into home office space so I'm looking at setting something 'temporary' up.

I've been modelling since the late 70's with various gaps in between, mostly WWII & Cold War military aircraft (mostly 1/72nd with some 1/48th). I was brought up on Airfix & Matchbox (3-colour era) with some Revell and Heller but later branched out to Tamiya, Academy and others. First kit was an Airfix 1/72 Henschell (126 I think?) followed by a Spitfire & Bf110 'dogfight double', most obscure, a 1/72 Soviet kit of a Yak 1/9 bought in Hungary in the mid-80s. Biggest failure was the Revell U-47 submarine cutaway (far too much 'empty space' for me to fill).

Having lurked a bit, I'm really impressed with the work displayed on this forum. The attention to detail and research that goes into your work is amazing. I have a Tamiya 1/48th Lanc that's waiting for my skills to improve to do it justice (the older one - no doubt with the ill-fitting nacelles) and various other projects to keep me busy and while I work up to it. Another challenge is a vac-formed (my first) DH Fox Moth, so I'll be seeking advice for that at some point.

John.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MisterE said:

Hello from the right side of the Pennines! My ex-wife was from your side, but I won't hold that against you 😁

No offence taken, that's all _very_ ancient history, well forgotten.

If anyone can help with colour schemes for Perry Miniatures War of the Roses Infantry, I'd be grateful for any advice... :)