Meng M4 A3 1/35, Thunderbolt.

Mengs M4 A3 oob even the pita tracks!

Full build details in the WIP section, great kit, really great kit but the tracks and the duck bills are an absolute pain in the...

First crack at hairspray technique could be improved upon with more practice but shows potential.  Stowage is just bits and pieces,  possibly value gear but not 100%, I had floating around.

Commander is Alpine, driver is the loader from the newish Tamiya figure set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Darryl 

• Like 8

Apologies, I've no idea how this has managed to repeat itself, did get a error message when listing so might explain it.

Could the moderators sort it out possibly....please, pretty please!

Thanks

Darryl 

• Haha 1

That looks really really good Darryl, the Shermans weathering is spot on the figures look fantastic and very natural and the base pulls the whole thing together ....speaking of which .....what did you use for the snow?

Five stars all round mate a job fantastically well done :goodjob:

12 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Apologies, I've no idea how this has managed to repeat itself, did get a error message when listing so might explain it.

Could the moderators sort it out possibly....please, pretty please!

Don't tell porkys....you just love the attention ..... you glory hound you :rofl:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Cracking little dio that Darryl, some really great weathering that you managed to pull off mate, well done ;)

Cheers Dan, can't deny even with the frustrations it's a great kit from Meng.

Thanks again for all your advice and suggestions,  I know i should have repainted the inside of the hatches but....wasn't coming out well when I tried. 

14 hours ago, Andy J said:

Excellent work Darryl the weathering looks great and the snow effects are very realistic....well done mate 👍 👏

Cheers Andy, quite enjoyed the winter effect, might have a another go at one soon.

13 hours ago, swralph said:

Awesome build and weathering Daryll.😀

Thanks Ralph, great to have you along, atb.

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

That's a cracker Darryl. It all fits together perfectly. Bravo.👏

Cheers Stef appreciated, glad to get it done at last!

33 minutes ago, Ernst said:

Great dio Darryl, I love the snow and mud and whitewash.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thanks Ernst,  all a learning curve with the whitewash but has future potential. 

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

That looks really really good Darryl, the Shermans weathering is spot on the figures look fantastic and very natural and the base pulls the whole thing together ....speaking of which .....what did you use for the snow?

Five stars all round mate a job fantastically well done :goodjob:

Cheers Bud, seen you lurking but nice to have you back, hope alls ok. 

Thanks again for the encouragement and suggestions, figures still have a long way to go but each I think is a slight improvement so....

The snow is a railway scenic product from Peco, I'll dig out the packet when home later just to confirm. It's ok and cheap ..... might try the ak system next time, as this goes everywhere even with a light mist of matt to try and hold in place.

Cheers fellas,  really appreciated the comments.

Darryl 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Spitfire 123 said:

Awesome dio Darryl, prober good job on the figures too! One question, how did you do the snow, it looks very convincing.

Riley

Thanks the base is cheap household filler covered with a layer of AK splatter effects wet mud, once dry some liquid adhesive was brushed on, then Peco railway snow scatter (0.5mm) was sprinkled over and adjusted with a dry brush. Decided more was required so more snow was sprinkled on and loosely held in situ with a gentle spray of matt varnish, however even after the spray with varnish it still has a tendency to move and blow around.

A light final application of snow went on after the M4 was placed in position. 

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

A really good job that you've done there Darryl. Weathering and the figures are first class, and that's a neat little dio too.

John.

Thanks John, have to keep trying to push the boundaries or try something new...

Figures aren't just as I would like yet but again slowly getting better, practice and all that!

8 hours ago, echen said:

Very impressive. Excellent build.

Cheers bud, appreciated. 

8 hours ago, Reforgermodeller said:

Wow, that´s awesome, really cool build and superb weathering, really a great job Darryl:clap:

cheers

Uwe

Thanks Uwe, appreciated, thanks for taking the time to comment! 

Welcome to the forum too!

Cheers

7 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Great job Darryl,

The white wash looks good.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, appreciated.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Model Mate said:

Great job! looks fantastic...

Cheers, thanks for the kind words! 👍

56 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Very nice indeed sits just right in the little dio.  👍

Beefy 

Thanks Beefy, just between you and me had to pack out the snow once sat in position to get it just so, don't let on! 😉

Cheers

36 minutes ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Absolutely fantastic Darryl!

Everything looks great, but If I would have to choose something, winter camouflage, stowage and figures are top notch.

Cheers,

Nenad

Cheers Nenad, really appreciate the kind words.

Thanks 

Thanks fellas, really appreciate all your generous comments👍

Atb

Darryl 

18 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Cracking job - I really like the whitewash effect, and the mud looks great - what did you use for that? And despite having my room heater on full I'm still getting chilly looking at all that snow...!!

Keith

Thanks Keith, a friend was sending me a pic of their snow this morning I tried to convince them we had some too.... they didn't buy it, think the M4 gave it away!

The mud is mostly Vallejo Thick European Mud, probably some other bits and bobs used too but it was a case of using whatever came to hand that was appropriate!

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1