NAAFI Break, My first diorama

HI Everyone,

I have finally finished my first diorama, as above I have called it NAAFI Break

I had no plan and no idea really, Started with a Comet my first model for well over 20 years and then a Firefly my favourite WW2 battle wagons, then decided on a diorama, and found the base by accident I liked, and without any planning just added as I went along, lots of first for me on this, so overall I am chuffed to bits with it, few areas could be better especially the figures, but thanks to some great tips received and with practice the next ones will be better.

Enough Waffle 😂

The Pics

My first diorama - its done

Well there it is, It has been a great stress reliever if not for COVID I may  not have got back into the hobby.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mbthejester
Spelling
  • Like 19

Mark, It's messy, the tanks are scruffy and the RSM would have someones guts for Garters! I love it!

So many details to see, boot and hand prints, smoke from the pipe, the flag on the table, I'll bet you are chuffed with it.

I'd say that it's a prize winner. Sometimes building as you go along is the best way. Congratulations, Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Pete,

Thanks for you comments, means a lot cheers, yes indeed I am chuffed to bits with it, Some steep learning along the way, but enjoying was the main thing for me, next idea is forming, just a little planning but not much 😀

Cheers Again

Mark

• Like 2

Congratulations you have definitely made a very realistic scene. There is so much to take in every time you look you find something you missed first time round . Well done 👏 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Mark, It's messy, the tanks are scruffy and the RSM would have someones guts for Garters! I

You must have been reading my mind Pete! He'd be screaming that Jerry would have a couple of perfect targets with all those shells lying around.

Nice work though on a very busy scene.

John.

8 hours ago, Homer said:

Congratulations you have definitely made a very realistic scene. There is so much to take in every time you look you find something you missed first time round . Well done 👏 

Thank you kindly, very much appreciated, purely by accident near the end I noticed you had to look from all sides and above to see it. 

Cheers 

Mark

4 hours ago, Suprastar3000 said:

Love this diorama.

So much going on and so many details. Really nicely done.

On a side note,.. I really hope a train doesn't come through anytime soon. Good luck clearing that little lot away in 5 minutes,.. heh heh.

Cheers for the comments, I appreciate it a lot 

Well there is 4 still in the wagons working lets hope they get a round off, or the Typhoons on  cab rank get it lol 😂 

Cheers Again

Mark

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

You must have been reading my mind Pete! He'd be screaming that Jerry would have a couple of perfect targets with all those shells lying around.

Nice work though on a very busy scene.

John.

Cheers John,

you was one of the first to post when I first joined and started this, tad artistic licence couldn’t find many good shots of tanks on supply near front harboured up, so just went with it 😀👍

Cheers for you input during the build very much appreciated 

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcrfan said:

Very poor form - finish bombing up before brew - horse before self🤪  Mind you it is tea so I can understand the dilemma for the British. 

Regardless very well finished diorama.

Lol, nowt comes before tea, even in modern times, The ability to brew up in the strangest of places or at the most unusual time.... 1991 while operating behind Iraqi lines, a unit from Hereford had a mess meeting, one item on agenda was the colour of the new curtains for said mess, General Schwarzkoppf signed the meetings minutes 😀👍