AaronKSJ

Hi Aaron.

1 hour ago, AaronKSJ said:

Pretty pleased with so far!

...and so you should be. Looks like you are really getting the hang of this mud weathering malarkey!! Good luck with the chipping!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Morning Folks

I've been chipping away at this one on and off.

Mix of brush and sponge. 

XXT40850

XXT40854

Should the padded bit on the commanders hatch be a black leather colour?

Been mucking around with the rust colour set on the exhausts, hard to make it out from the phone but think it came out well.
Was a bit of faff painting it with everything else glued around it so had to crack out the masking tape.
With the exhaust it was initially painted a dark grey, follow by sponging on some off white and then and sponging with dark rust, in both cases used a fine brush to reach some places and neaten up the edges. 
Couple of random rust washes and splodges. 
And the tips of the exhaust had a tiny amount of neat black oil paint added before feathering slightly with some thinners. 

XXT40859

It's all been given a flat coat now as well.

All the contact points on the tracks have been polished up with a chunky artist dark graphite pencil.
And the teeth on the drive wheels have been chipped with a bit of metallic paint.

XXT40857

Don't think I can put it off any longer... next for the mud!

Thanks for swinging by

Aaron

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I wasnt sure but went with a red/brown leather color myself. 

I might follow suit unless I get any other input. Think black might blend in a bit to much with the sights / periscope bits (its to late in the day to figure out the correct terminology)

• Like 1

Afternoon Folks!

Think this one is done.  Edit. maybe not

Please throw any feedback about the mud / weathering my way!

For the tracks just opted for some pigment brushed into the recesses and along the edges. 
Liked how the textured mud deposits turned out around the hull. I don't feel like I got the colour quite right for the dry and wet mud, not enough contrast between the two... Didn't help that I also splashed around some dark earth pigment which had a much greener look compared to the orangy / red mud shades I'd used earlier. 

Here's how it's looking at the minute.

20210425_092539

20210425_092558

20210425_092606

20210425_092627

20210425_092706

20210425_092745

The MG is precariously glued in place! Unlike the other metal work on the Stug, for the MG went with metallic gun metal dry brushed over black and have left it looking shinny.

The fit of the top section over the compartment is great, so I've left it unglued so I can pop it off. Really like the interior being viewable through the open hatches. 

Oh blast. Antenna wires... Hmm I should probably have a bash at those given the work I've put into this build! 

I've got a nagging feeling that the top of the hull needs something else?? Maybe a slight dust wash in a few places? 

Thanks for swinging by

Aaron

:blink: and just spotted that the track needs gluing down to the return rolls again on one side!

Edited by AaronKSJ
  • Like 6

On 25/04/2021 at 13:05, AaronKSJ said:

Oh blast. Antenna wires... Hmm I should probably have a bash at those given the work I've put into this build! 

Some stretched sprue should do the trick, nice chipping effects by the way but I would add some more dust effect. :winkgrin:

• Like 1