BAM News - Airfix Sea King detail sets released! Rotorhead, landing gear, crew door & Overhead console ;)

arnobiz

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, exdraken said:

Wow, great!

Could it be that at least for the Revell kit you would also need 4 new LAU rails for the main/ standard wing  pylons? Also for consistency alone this would be great!

Thanks!

Yes, the LAU-128 launchers are included in the Revell set as well as a couple of other things (small GP antenna on the right side of the upper fuselage, slanted antennae) as the Revell Monogram kit represents a Strike Eagle from before these appeared ;)

• Thanks 1

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - 1-year anniversary special packages

For our one-year anniversary we are very excited to release 7 bundles grouping our most popular products with a 12-16% discount on regular prices:

• 6 packages (Revell-Monogram and GWH) covering the F-15 latest variants (SG, SA and EX/QA), including
    • our premium conversion sets
    • Caracal decals
    • (for the SA and EX/QA) the new wheels
  • 1 Rafale package including seamless intakes, 3D-printed exhausts and F3R update/upgrade set

Stocks are limited (due to the decals) so enjoy while they last!

Thank you for your support for the first year, looking forward to the next!

Arnaud

• Like 1

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - 1-year anniversary specials
  • 4 weeks later...

This week we are releasing a full conversion set to build the mighty F-15 STOL/MTD NASA demonstrator 🙂 using the 1/48 Hasegawa F-15D kit as a basis. Pre-orders end on Tuesday 23rd November midnight 😉

The set is super comprehensive and contains, from tail to nose:

• 2x Specific tail booms
  • 2x 2D vectoring nozzles
  • 8x Fairings to blend the 2D nozzles in the F-15 fuselage
  • 1x Early F-15 spine
  • 2x Canards
  • 2x Canard shoulders
  • 2x Canard actuators
  • 1x Nose test probe

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the parts, the rest is coming soon!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Legion pod and Dragon's Eye pods for F-15/F-16 released in 1/48!
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while since I last posted some news, so here we are with two new items for the new SR-71 Blackbird Revell kit, to go along with the cool Caracal sheets recently re-printed 🙂

Intakes: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Intake covers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Side covers fitted with just a tad of Blutack, which is why they are not flush with the fuselage ;)

spacer.png

Both can be found here 😉

Thanks for looking,

Arnaud

• Like 3

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - SR-71 LASRE (Linear Aerospike SR-71 Experiment) released in 1/48!

We're very happy to pre-release a big conversion set: the NASA SR-71 LASRE test aircraft! This set will come with the LASRE-specific decals, which should come back in a fortnight. However as making these large parts takes a lot of time I prefer to open orders now so I can make the parts and ship all once the decals arrive.

BAM SR-71 sets

Due to the decal sheet, this set will be a limited series so I would advise to order one now if you want one!

Arnaud

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

We will be closed from July 20th until end of August, all orders placed before July 20th will ship before the break 😉

Enjoy the break if you're lucky enough to have one 😎,

Arnaud

spacer.png

• Like 2

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Summer break: last orders ship on July 20th!
  • 3 weeks later...

Very happy to announce that we have now covered all NASA F-15s, with our last 3 releases: F-15 ACTIVE, Phoenix Missile Hypersonic Testbed F-15 and F-15 SBRDC/ECANS in 1/48 scale :) You can find more information on each of these technologically impressive programmes through each of the links.

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-15/

As a reminder, we'll take our last orders before the summer break tomorrow Wednesday 20th of July ;)

SBRDC/ECANS spine

spacer.png

Phoenix pylon assembly

spacer.png

F-15 ACTIVE full set

spacer.png

• Like 2

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Three NASA F-15 conversion sets released - Summer break: last orders taken on July 20th!
On 7/19/2022 at 9:11 PM, cvrle said:

Is there any chance these might be released in 1/72 scale as well?

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately I've had very, very limited success with 1/72 sets so far and the rework required to make the current sets fit a different kit would far outweight any sales I can reasonably count on 😕

Arnaud

• Like 1

I hope that they will scale down their 1/48 products and release 1/72 sets for use with "Early Bird" Caracal decals for F-15, F-14, A-10 prototypes and some NASA Aircraft.

We really need such parts for use with these particular decals and finally, have an option to build the first and colorful versions of these iconic aircrafts !

• 1 month later...

Our next release will be the Rafale M integrated ladder for the 1/48 Revell kit! While the Rafale M boxing is difficult to find nowadays, the C boxing contains all that's needed to make an M and decals are readily available from SyHart, DXM, Model Alliance. The upcoming reboxing of the Revell kit by Academy will also include M markings 🙂

spacer.png

• Like 4

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - 1/48 Rafale M integrated ladder coming soon!
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to report on a few interesting new releases this past week, for F-16 prototypes and for the Rafale:

52366638965_caac9d98e3_c.jpg

52366212766_2e38518302_c.jpg

52366213206_2dc2c71a18_c.jpg

This is what the kit vents look like...

52366526219_b04b301c20_c.jpg

Looking forward to your feedback,

Arnaud

• Like 2

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - New 1/48 F-16 and Rafale sets!
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow  those recent sets look great!

Regarding the F-16 anti spin shute, is this for specific airframes only  or e.g. also for the XL?

Thanks!!

My understanding is that it is the same for all F-16-like airframes, including the XL :)

Arnaud

• Like 1

Time for some new releases ;)

This time we covered the most advanced Super Hornet features to date. Although some were not operationally adopted they still look pretty cool IMHO 😉

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-a-18e-f-ea-18g/

I hope you like them,

Arnaud

Conformal Fuel Tanks (Designed for the Meng kit but also fits the Hasegawa kit)

52447131376_b870d0ba51_c.jpg

New Generation Jammer (NGJ, 2x per set)

52447571995_c251584263_c.jpg

Enclosed Weapons Pod (EWP)

52447571960_a64b308367_c.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear friends,

Due to changes in my personal situation I will need to mark a pause in BAM's operations as of November 30th. While I hope the pause won't last long (still so many product ideas!) I have unfortunately very little visibility at this time. Which is why I wanted to give everyone a chance to get one of our sets, just in case.

The website (bam-models.com) will remain operational and all instructions will be accessible, just the shop will be closed as of 15-20 November depending on the order backlog.

I am aware some instructions are still missing and I apologize about this. At this time I am focusing on one final development, missing instructions will be done asap but possibly as late as December

Thanks everyone for your understanding and support!

Arnaud

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - (hopefully temporary) closure

That is unfortunate Arnaud!

I do hope things improve on your side!

I am still "in need" of several of your products,but I thought to spread that out...

So expect an order this weekend to be on the safe side 😀

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - back with new prototype/early F-14A sets!

Thanks for your kind words, we're back in action!

We used the time off well, with a new suite of sets for the prototype and early production F-14A Tomcat :)

So what do we have on the menu? Early wing gloves, early beaver tails with or without dielectric panels, test pitot probe, RIO windshield, short gun muzzle panels, early chinpods and more... You can see all available options here: https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-14/

52611229550_93987cd23b_c.jpg

52611298333_b1626860b9_c.jpg

52611229460_b31a04184a_c.jpg

52611071929_a82a759596_c.jpg

52610303097_5d90d1258b_c.jpg

52610303077_88f4d0a0a2_c.jpg

52611229355_b4f8ff5b93_c.jpg

• Like 4

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - New F-14A NASA 991 conversion sets are now available!

Following up on the early Tomcat sets, I'm very glad to announce it is now possible to build NASA's very own F-14A 991 (BuNo 157991), the only Tomcat fitted with canards (the ARI system, for Aileron-Rudder Interconnect) :)

https://bam-models.com/product/1-48-f-14-nasa-prototype-991-buno-157991/

You can find more information on the programme on NASA's website: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/multimedia/imagegallery/F-14/ECN-12451.html

spacer.png

• Like 1

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - New AARGM-ER anti-radiation missile available!

Hello!

Our latest release is the next generation US anti-radiation missile, the AARGM-ER, poised for use on the Super Hornet and F-35 :) 

52645220182_06cec93368_c.jpg

Key features:

• 2 missiles per set
  • Fins fully integrated to the missiles (no assembly required)
  • Fins fully protected by easy-to-remove cage
  • Pin holes located and sized for the Meng Super Hornet/Growler underwing pylons

Available on the BAM Models shop.

52645984984_abaf7ccb7a_c.jpg

Enjoy,

Arnaud

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Our latest releases are (for the first time) aimed at prop-driven aircraft! A set of upgrade parts for the lovely Tamiya P-38 and two sets to enhance what's visible in the Kinetic E-2C Hawkeye

Let me know if you have other ideas for your projects!

Arnaud

52667973262_124c22309d_c.jpg

52668759619_ff2879fc9d_c.jpg