Spitfire IA and Hurricane I - Airfix 1/48

I started these two when they were re-released last year during the first lockdown and have now completed them.  They are both really nice kits to build and look just right when completed - in particular, the Spit is the most Spitfirey Spitfire I've made.  They are from the box except for tape harnesses and stretched sprue aerials and are brushed with Humbrol enamel.  The only issue was with the decals.  At least these stuck down (unlike the Spit XIV and Hunter) but they needed very varying amounts of soaking to release them and silvered even on a Kleer base.  I'm going to finally give in and buy some decal solutions before attempting any more.  Apart from that, well done Airfix!

Oq5ZALEt_o.jpg

FqGxA2vd_o.jpg

mivoG7DO_o.jpg

ZBAXlJyG_o.jpg

57f4KIjI_o.jpg

BILnEBzy_o.jpg

Foz3RHWq_o.jpg

n79YgWKA_o.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Great brush work, they look wonderful.   I am not sure if you have klear but if you do, you can dilute some and paint it on and apply the decals onto it from their soaking and position as quickly as you can and then press down they won't silver then and you can even do it over a fairly matt finish it is great and makes decalling quite quick. Although if you have some awkward areas to decal then best stick to a softening solution. 

Great work 

Chris

• Thanks 1

Nicely done duo Bryan,Airfix serials are a nightmare it's risky but after glossing the kit for decalling  I gloss under the serial apply before drying

and smooth out with the brush.

• Thanks 1