What happened to the SAMI subscription thread?

bigbadbadge

21 minutes ago, Jabba said:

It was here earlier this morning because I looked at. For some who are not getting the e-mails and don't do farcebook, it is the only way of seeing what is going on.

I am glad you said that as I thought I was going mad, no sign of a mod deletion either, just disappeared??? 

Chris

It certainly looks as though the Scale Aviation Modeller international thread has been pulled. Interestingly I posted a reply yesterday evening about the publishers and attached the following:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11312397

As I stated in yesterday’s reply it doesn’t look good for the company.

It looks like Companies House initiated a Striking Off order due to the late submission of the accounts. However, the Striking Off order has been suspended for the moment.

Note that the accounts that are late are the first set of accounts ever for this company - which was only incorporated on 16 April 2018.

The accounts have still not been submitted so the company will be collecting late filing penalties for overdue accounts.

Is this the actual company that publishes the magazine?

All that information really says is that. like many small companies just now, they have been struggling to get suitable accounts into an accepted format - challenging with all the variables just now. The ' strike off' move is just an attention getter really to get the directors to do something,= 'at least let us know what is happening'.  I agree, not nice to see, but stay positive - I've been involved in rather worse than that way back when and the company survived, and thrived, later ! Rather a different area of work admittedly,. but the principles stay the same.  Like flying - "aviate, navigate, communicate."  Keeping the business running comes first in Directors' minds. sorting accounts second and telling the authorities is apt to be a distant third.

Fingers crossed.

John B

• Like 1

The filing deadline for the first set of accounts was 16 January 2020 - so it's not likely that failure to meet that statutory deadline was Covid related.

The next set of accounts (year ended 30 April 2020) are due by 30 April 2021 (Companies House are giving companies an extra three months to file).

I sincerely hope that I’m reading too much into what I’m seeing on Companies house however as Eric has pointed out the company has had plenty of time to submit the business accounts and yes, MA publications are responsible for publishing SAMI.
Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions but in view of what I’m seeing on Companies House, the failure to get out the December and January editions of SAMI and the previous SAMI thread mysteriously disappearing from this site I can’t help but draw my own conclusions. I have therefore cancelled my subscriptions with SAMI.

Perhaps the previous thread disappeared because speculation on the health of a business venture often only serves to make matters worse and the avoidable inevitable.

Although I much prefer to support my local newsagent I decided after the update last week that the only way I was going to keep up-to-date until normal service is resumed in a couple of months was to take a three-month subscription to both magazines as suggested as being the most economical option.      I did that  and shortly afterwards had a phone call from David Francis the Editor of SAMI to sort out which issues were involved and he explained what has been a really unfortunate series of coincidences that has seen the small workforce of the printer they use being shut down a couple of times at the wrong point in the production schedule because of repeated Covid infections which when coupled with the distribution agreements then in force have caused their recent problems.     Hopefully they will soon get back to nomal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Des said:

speculation on the health of a business venture often only serves to make matters worse and the avoidable inevitable.

That's very true. Seen it happen. "What, x is in trouble? Best not buy anything from them then, it might never materialise..." 

Greg shut the thread down due to some back & forth about there being some malicious posting.  I'm not 100% sure of the reason, so I'll leave it to @Greg B to explain when he gets out of bed again.  Meanwhile, I'm closing this down so the same thing doesn't happen again :)

• Mike locked this topic
3 hours ago, GrahamP said:

I sincerely hope that I’m reading too much into what I’m seeing on Companies house however as Eric has pointed out the company has had plenty of time to submit the business accounts and yes, MA publications are responsible for publishing SAMI.
Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions but in view of what I’m seeing on Companies House, the failure to get out the December and January editions of SAMI and the previous SAMI thread mysteriously disappearing from this site I can’t help but draw my own conclusions. I have therefore cancelled my subscriptions with SAMI.

The other thread was removed as this site is not the place to discus your issues with them, please leave BM out of these issues. 

I closed the threads off as Mike indicated above. When the dust settles a bit and members are more likely to offer a more constructive input I’ll tidy up and reinstate.