1/144 Minicraft C-32A

Plumbum

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Those are Rollers Steve, the C-32 engines are Pratts which nave a different nacelle.

It was my understanding that there was very little difference, as regards overall size/diameter, the difference was just in small details, but maybe I'm thinking of something else? 767s?

Steve.

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

It was my understanding that there was very little difference, as regards overall size/diameter, the difference was just in small details, but maybe I'm thinking of something else? 767s?

Steve.

They may look similar but the PW2037 has a fan diameter of 2.146M while the Roll Royce RB211-535 has a fan diameter of 1.88M he nacelles are quite different with the shroud on the RB211 extending the length of the whole engine while the PW cowl is shorter and the rear 'cone' is exposed. While that does not seem much the intake lip on the RB211 is thinner making the whole engine look slimmer compared to the PW with a thicker lip.

767s also had the different cowl shapes, RR like to encase the whole engine except in the case of the 747-200/-300 where a small length on the rear cone was visible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2021 at 7:28 AM, Johnv said:

Almost ready to paint corogard. BTW Ray did Minicraft make the PWs oversize?---John

John,

I can't say much for the nacelle size, but according to the fan diameter figures I gave above (2.146M) it would equate to 15mm on the model. I just measured mine (finished back in 2000) and the diameter of the fan is 14mm. The proportions of the nacelle look OK, so IMHO the engines size is close to the prototype if not slightly smaller.

47590878831_89f1bc35ab_b.jpg

• Like 4