caught by surprise. ‘Again’ **finished**

Ozzy

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking good and real progress achieved!

Should look great with the whitewash. 

Atb

Thanks Atb,

I’ve just got to find a suitable size brush to splurge the whitewash on.

• Like 1

Bit of a mid week update, I’m fairly content with the building colours and the general layout.

879-AED59-1-C03-4-E16-B749-92-F4-DB589-D

D3-E69968-22-B1-4-E76-AAB5-28-CD5-BAAF12

• Like 9

3 hours ago, bigfoot said:

EVery nice ozzy, the camo looks great. I like the replacement side skirt with different pattern. The diorama groundwork and figures are coming along nicely and will set the stug off well.

Thanks Bigfoot,

i’m Not sure what to start next figure painting of the ground work, hopefully the resin doesn’t crack when I drill the telegraph poles.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2021 at 13:40, THEscaleSHOW said:

very cool camo 👍

MD

Cheers MD,

i used Tamiya through an airbrush

XF-88, XF-90 and XF-58.

i went for the olive green of XF-58 rather than XF-89 Dark green 2.

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic progress Ozzy! That really is coming together very well!! Take it slow with the drilling!!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i will be using the lowest setting on the Dremel to make a start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see some paint starting to go on the figures Ozzy. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

hopefully I can get the rest cracked over the Easter weekend.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 20:28, Ozzy said:

hopefully I can get the rest cracked over the Easter weekend.

Hi Ozzy. Hope the figure making/painting is going well if you've had time to do some.

Kind regards,

Stix

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Hope the figure making/painting is going well if you've had time to do some.

Kind regards,

Stix

Ive managed to do a bit of everything this weekend thanks Stix’s, 1:1 scale brush fence painting and finished off the figures. I’ve got a mixed unit of SS and Wehrmacht troops, I’ve also ordered a 1/35 pine tree set to add some finishing touches.

9-B1-F822-F-B08-A-4761-8-C8-C-DF1-B7-B63

20-F7-F8-BB-49-A5-4225-ABC1-327-D193-FF7

2520-BB6-F-F120-45-FB-8-F49-DECF41440198

CB523368-539-B-4-C05-8729-F8446-C4-C9229

F8-EA80-B5-80-AA-4-ED7-922-C-02998-C6309

• Like 6

I spent the afternoon tackling the ivy climbing up the side of the building, hopefully it looks realistic?

66592-B98-3442-412-C-9191-BF8-CF72-CC8-C

• Like 7

That's a cracking job with your diorama Ozzy - really looks the part and I think you've done a fantastic job with your ivy.  It's all those extra details like those that really make a diorama come to life.  Well done :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it when it's all completed 

Kris

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. Fantastic work on your brush painting of the fence! I am well impressed! And your diorama is progressing beautifully too. I reckon the ivy looks great! It's all coming together excellently! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

1 hour ago, planecrazee said:

That's a cracking job with your diorama Ozzy - really looks the part and I think you've done a fantastic job with your ivy.  It's all those extra details like those that really make a diorama come to life.  Well done :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing it when it's all completed 

Kris

Thanks Kris,

i was ferreting around for some teddy bear fur for the grass and found a bag of ivy, so I thought I’d whack them on the front of the barn. Looking to the trees turning up, then it will really be taking shape.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Fantastic work on your brush painting of the fence! I am well impressed! And your diorama is progressing beautifully too. I reckon the ivy looks great! It's all coming together excellently! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s, 

i thought i’d Take a leaf out of your book and get the hairy sticks out, I’ve got some trees, snow and a bit of water and I’ll be done. I think.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nice bit of colour variation on the fence panels, maybe a bit more weathering though, figures look good too!

Thanks Glynn, 

I’m going to get some hornet heads to finish off the figures, hopefully I will make the weathering on the fence look realistic.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Progressing nicely, I treated myself to a set of Hornet heads HGH 20 improvised covering. I’ve also started to weather the base before a dusting of snow. I’ve dugout some grass and bits, I’ve also got some wire for the trees leaves.

894-D8-E88-A9-F8-478-C-BE34-A95-FF3-B16-

D5-F0925-D-C6-D5-4031-949-D-B5-D1-ABF721

• Like 4

Hi Ozzy. Happy Sunday!! Well your afternoon of fettling yesterday has really paid dividends!! You have captured the atmosphere of the scene beautifully! I must have a go at adding a building/structure to one of my scenes at some point. I really like how the elements of your vignette work together.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Happy Sunday!! Well your afternoon of fettling yesterday has really paid dividends!! You have captured the atmosphere of the scene beautifully! I must have a go at adding a building/structure to one of my scenes at some point. I really like how the elements of your vignette work together.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

there are some nice building around there will be one with your name on it, as we’ve had snow through April I scooped some up and popped it on the base. It’s woodland scenics fine snow mixed with PVA glue, I’ve added some mud to the Stug acrylic resin and Mig dark earth.

3-E2-FBF10-23-C0-490-D-808-E-FB259543-AF

58-F35263-E6-D3-42-F9-8790-9-B3-DE5-D361

6-E67-F5-CE-99-FD-4-E05-AE7-B-942-C686-C

99-EAFDA2-DB26-4703-BABC-ABCF90-BA3667.j

9-F0-C50-B4-A321-4-F3-B-A742-79-E47-D456

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bigfoot said:

That’s coming together brilliantly. I like the stripy winter camo on the Stug and the ivy looks really good. Are you going to add some snow to the tree branches as well?

Thanks Bigfoot,

the plan lane is for a dusting on the tree and some on the roof of the building, along with some glue gun icicles. 

Hi Clive,

I've been too busy to be able to watch anyone's progress TBH, but I am trying to catch up.

You're next lol.

Fantastic work.  I loved the 'Ambush' camo on the first Stug, BTW, but the winter-camo one is even better. Your building, the roof especially, and the ivy is spot on. And the snow is ace. And on that note, thank you for jogging my memory to the fact that I have a jar of the same stuff somewhere, and to think that I just forked out 30 quid on some AK stuff, with one jar bought just as a 'filler' lol. Perhaps I should have put 'Grrrrr!' there instead of 'lol'.

I'm also going to say that the pine tree is really good too, up to a point, the point being the top of the trunk lol.   No tree trunk ends like that. If it were mine I'd  splinter the top, like it had been scythed off by an air burst, or shrapnel or something. 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1