caught by surprise. ‘Again’ **finished**

Ozzy

9 hours ago, Badder said:

I'm also going to say that the pine tree is really good too, up to a point, the point being the top of the trunk lol.   No tree trunk ends like that. If it were mine I'd  splinter the top, like it had been scythed off by an air burst, or shrapnel or something. 

As in Band of Brothers, the story line was the Germans were using proximity fuzes to detonate the shells amongst the trees adding to the shrapnel effect.  However, the Germans did not have proximity fuzes, only the Allies did.  Then again it wouldn't be the first time there was some friendly fire incidents where the US forces were involved. :wicked: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Clive,

I've been too busy to be able to watch anyone's progress TBH, but I am trying to catch up.

You're next lol.

Fantastic work.  I loved the 'Ambush' camo on the first Stug, BTW, but the winter-camo one is even better. Your building, the roof especially, and the ivy is spot on. And the snow is ace. And on that note, thank you for jogging my memory to the fact that I have a jar of the same stuff somewhere, and to think that I just forked out 30 quid on some AK stuff, with one jar bought just as a 'filler' lol. Perhaps I should have put 'Grrrrr!' there instead of 'lol'.

I'm also going to say that the pine tree is really good too, up to a point, the point being the top of the trunk lol.   No tree trunk ends like that. If it were mine I'd  splinter the top, like it had been scythed off by an air burst, or shrapnel or something. 

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

Hope your well up there in north Wiltshire.

i know what you mean about finding time to look at the threads in other areas, as for the tree I think I will add a few more branches rather than it being blown up. You are 100% right about the top, I forgot to look at references and went with the box art. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bodmin said:

Always great work Ozzy

Thanks mate, 

good to see you here, hopefully your making a bit of progress on your builds? 

8 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

As in Band of Brothers, the story line was the Germans were using proximity fuzes to detonate the shells amongst the trees adding to the shrapnel effect.  However, the Germans did not have proximity fuzes, only the Allies did.  Then again it wouldn't be the first time there was some friendly fire incidents where the US forces were involved. :wicked: 

Thanks Bob,

I’m going to keep the scene as pre seen before the rounds start flying about, that would make a fantastic and powerful diorama all on its own. Maybe an Ardennes GB of its own in the future, 1940 and 1944?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks mate, 

good to see you here, hopefully your making a bit of progress on your builds? 

Much progress my friend. Incoming photos and thread in due course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bodmin said:

Much progress my friend. Incoming photos and thread in due course.

🍿🍿🍿

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. It's looking excellent with the snow covering in place. You have applied it beautifully. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

just a bit more to do, I did put the figures on after applying a watered down black wash.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Added a few more branches to the tree, also added some wires to the telegraph poles. I will hopefully get some snow on the tree over the weekend and I think we’re almost there.

352-AB884-3-CB1-449-D-A490-92-CEB54670-B

60-ED07-AE-4-F96-4281-8-E81-85-BEC0-AED8

74849649-946-F-4-DB2-830-D-36-CB2974433-

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is progressing beautifully Ozzy! You are really capturing the atmosphere well! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

nearly there.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 20:12, Ozzy said:

Added a few more branches to the tree, also added some wires to the telegraph poles. I will hopefully get some snow on the tree over the weekend and I think we’re almost there.

352-AB884-3-CB1-449-D-A490-92-CEB54670-B

60-ED07-AE-4-F96-4281-8-E81-85-BEC0-AED8

74849649-946-F-4-DB2-830-D-36-CB2974433-

Very cold atmosphere 🥶

Super built 👍👍

MD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Very cold atmosphere 🥶

Super built 👍👍

MD

Thanks MD,

it will be a little chiller when I get the glue gun heated up for some icicles.

Ive finished the scene off today, snow on the tree and icicles added. I will add some pictures in the gallery tomorrow.

thanks to everyone who gave me tips and words of encouragement.

281-CAE95-B03-E-4549-9-EB9-8-EC895916-CD

2-C69573-D-8-A93-417-A-88-C7-6006367079-

39-D9-B8-F7-B8-B9-4-C1-B-98-F2-A0-D0-E3-

8-C44-DD47-070-B-4718-9-DE1-A29-CA4818-C

AC4-CFA02-57-E9-4-DCA-95-B6-E98-EC6564-A

FD16-EDC6-195-D-4581-967-A-B8-CE0890-ADD

• Like 7

• Ozzy changed the title to caught by surprise. ‘Again’ **finished**

Hi Ozzy. Well done on an absolutely fantastic scene. As I mentioned before - you have really captured the atmosphere of the moment and your snow effects are brilliant! Very well done all round. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos in the Gallery. Thank you for building it in this GB. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Well done on an absolutely fantastic scene. As I mentioned before - you have really captured the atmosphere of the moment and your snow effects are brilliant! Very well done all round. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos in the Gallery. Thank you for building it in this GB. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix’s,

another fantastic GB, I really enjoyed this one and I’ve got my first Stug in the collection. Thanks for hosting and the words of encouragement along the way.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2021 at 06:24, Ozzy said:

Thanks for hosting and the words of encouragement along the way.

Hi Ozzy. I hope you are keeping well. Thank you and thank you for being an excellent co-host - it is much appreciated!

And I've just been checking out your finished scene in the Gallery. It does look excellent! Your StuG, figures, building, trees and base are all beautifully done and the composition/presentation sets it off beautifully. I'm also really impressed by the way you have done the snow. A fantastic project all round! Very well done. :worthy:

Thank you for taking part in this STGB.

Kind regard,

Stix

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. I hope you are keeping well. Thank you and thank you for being an excellent co-host - it is much appreciated!

And I've just been checking out your finished scene in the Gallery. It does look excellent! Your StuG, figures, building, trees and base are all beautifully done and the composition/presentation sets it off beautifully. I'm also really impressed by the way you have done the snow. A fantastic project all round! Very well done. :worthy:

Thank you for taking part in this STGB.

Kind regard,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

its been a fantastic GB all round, any time you need a co host give me a shout. I’ve learnt some new  techniques through the build and it’s been enjoyable throughout, now I’m off to make a start on the Spit.

Ow do Ozzy?

Problem...................

The funky winter camo and truly superb snow effects have one drawback in that they make the StuG hard to see! lol.

Seriously though, you've done a fantastic job. I had to turn the heating on because my hands and feet were getting cold.

Oh and the tree deserves a big mention too. It's up there with the very best model pine trees.

TC

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Badder said:

Ow do Ozzy?

Problem...................

The funky winter camo and truly superb snow effects have one drawback in that they make the StuG hard to see! lol.

Seriously though, you've done a fantastic job. I had to turn the heating on because my hands and feet were getting cold.

Oh and the tree deserves a big mention too. It's up there with the very best model pine trees.

TC

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

i really appreciate your comments from a master diorama builder, I have to admit the Stug has blended in a little to well. I’m glad I added a few more branches to the pine tree.

Hi Ozzy,

Nicely done. Great "acting" from your characters. Really look the part. A heap of good techniques on display.

Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Ozzy,

Nicely done. Great "acting" from your characters. Really look the part. A heap of good techniques on display.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

it all came together really well, I’ll definitely build another resin base from Marcos range. Ive got a good technique for the snow and PVA mixture.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bodmin said:

I always meant to ask. Where do you store all these dioramas? Your house must be full by now.

Thanks mate,

i’ve Got an IKEA cupboard I put them in, I don’t normally build that many a year. I’ve done a few more last year than most but still got space. I also try to keep the base to a set size, to fit on the shelf and I can get 2 or 3 on the shelf.

• Like 1