caught by surprise. ‘Again’ **finished**

Ozzy

I got a Stug for Christmas, i immediately start looking for a reference picture. I found this one from the Ardennes offensive. I’ve got a base on order that should set the scene nicely and just need to pick the figures up.

F115-D96-D-BDE5-4-EE4-820-D-6-CEAB20046-

57-ED0290-7-E47-4675-BD57-BF788633-D47-B

AE86-AAFF-13-F0-42-CD-ADF8-2-E5-BB744-CC

32-F228-E8-482-D-4-E17-B7-E7-63736467654

• Like 11

Hi Ozzy. Hope you are keeping well. Been looking forward to your project since you mentioned it earlier. The base and building looks like it will really set off your lovely Takom StuG well. Can't wait to see it underway.

Kind regards,

Stix

12 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Hope you are keeping well. Been looking forward to your project since you mentioned it earlier. The base and building looks like it will really set off your lovely Takom StuG well. Can't wait to see it underway.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

i’ve Been looking forward to this one for a while, the base does look good I’m really looking forward for it to turn up. He does a number of fantastic looking sets with some very nice detail.

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ozzy I was given this link from @Longbow and it has some verygood reference about detail bits. 

https://youtu.be/rhvEKoMhVLM

Hope it helps ? 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

i shall all take a look, I went for a non interior kit this time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Going to watch this build (and CorsairFoxFour's) - that Takom Blitz kit does look good.
The video referenced above is really worth watching - and will bear re-watching, with a note pad in hand.

Thanks for the note pad tip Robert, I’ll grab one before I press play.

• Like 1

Another Ozzy Diorama, great stuff and will be looking in from time to time.  I did actually have a Dragon Late Stug.III but last year decided to have a clear out and got rid of all of my unmade 1/35th vehicles.  I might look for a simpler 1/76th build for this GB, we'll see.

Best of luck.

Davey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

Looks to have all of the ingredients of a great thread ozzy,i look forward to seeing it come together

Thanks Glynn,

hopefully the base will get through customs, looking forward to bringing it all to life.

2 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Another Ozzy Diorama, great stuff and will be looking in from time to time.  I did actually have a Dragon Late Stug.III but last year decided to have a clear out and got rid of all of my unmade 1/35th vehicles.  I might look for a simpler 1/76th build for this GB, we'll see.

Best of luck.

Davey. 

Thanks Davey,

pop by anytime, the 1/76 Stug sounds just the ticket.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic work on the Flak 36 Ozzy! Lovely job! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

i hadn’t planned on starting it until after the GB, before I knew it the box was open and I was away. Next up is the Stug.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 21:20, Ozzy said:

I got a Stug for Christmas, i immediately start looking for a reference picture. I found this one from the Ardennes offensive. I’ve got a base on order that should set the scene nicely and just need to pick the figures up.

F115-D96-D-BDE5-4-EE4-820-D-6-CEAB20046-

57-ED0290-7-E47-4675-BD57-BF788633-D47-B

AE86-AAFF-13-F0-42-CD-ADF8-2-E5-BB744-CC

32-F228-E8-482-D-4-E17-B7-E7-63736467654

Hello Ozzy

Cool choice of parts.

I am very curious about your scene and wish you a lot of fun!

MD

6 hours ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hello Ozzy

Cool choice of parts.

I am very curious about your scene and wish you a lot of fun!

MD

Thanks MD,

me to, it’s the first time I’ve used a base from this company. He’s work looks really good so hopping it goes together as well as it looks. The MB figures are nicely detailed, looking forward to putting them together.

I’ve made a start on the hull today, it’s not as smooth going as their Bulldog kit.

AD84-B9-FB-343-D-4-C76-9237-D0-D7-C5205-

• Like 5

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Great to see you are underway with this one. I hope the build isn't too complicated! 🤞

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

there are considerably less parts than the Panther I built last year, so far so good same issues as other Takom builders.

• Like 1

I've  crossed the bridge with mine ozzy,all built, the tracks build up really well, does yours sit on all of the suspension  arms nicley, or is it a rocker like mine? All the pins are located correctly🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

I've  crossed the bridge with mine ozzy,all built, the tracks build up really well, does yours sit on all of the suspension  arms nicley, or is it a rocker like mine? All the pins are located correctly🤔

Its sitting level after a bit of jigging about, I will hopefully get a bit of paint and the road wheels on over the weekend. I’m looking forward to putting the tracks on, it looks like you need to have a sound reference point for them all to line up.

• Like 1

Got a bit more done over the past couple of evenings, my birthday plan is to fit the road wheels and tracks before attaching the upper surfaces.

0-FD1817-F-85-F3-4172-B75-C-53348-ABE2-D

7557-B6-BD-BBBA-48-CF-8-FC8-991990032-C7

AC736483-F8-AF-4-A94-982-C-C13292-C13796

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Nice work so far, I trimmed the pins back on the wheels , they stopped mine  locating together, yours maybe different ozzy, 

Thanks Glynn,

I’ll take a look when I stick the road wheels together, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. Happy Birthday? Is it today or tomorrow? Whenever it is - I hope you have a great birthday! 🥳

Good to see more progress on your build too. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Happy Birthday? Is it today or tomorrow? Whenever it is - I hope you have a great birthday! 🥳

Good to see more progress on your build too. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

its a little early for birthday wishes, not until July but thanks for the early thought. I will get the wheels and the tracks on this week, I’ve got a little treat on its way I’ve ordered Panzer Arts 1/35 Late Schurzen for StuG III Ausf.G.

• Like 2