Academy 1/72 Iluyshin Il-2 Sturmovik

Evening all,

This is my latest completion, the 1/72 Academy Il-2. A good kit with nice details, albeit a bit fiddly in places, the undercarriage especially. I had a couple of fit issues, but I suspect they're more of my own doing rather than a reflection of the kit, and a few clumsy mistakes along the way made this one of those kits I just wanted off the bench. Finished completely OOB using Hataka Orange Line as always- the instructions suggest a brown/green camo, which I understand to be inaccurate, so I followed a paint plan I found online that matched up with one of the decal options, replacing the brown for the correct black.

50895493262_d6bd4de321_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Iluyshin Il-2 Sturmovik by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50895493157_3a923c3ff1_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Iluyshin Il-2 Sturmovik by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50895376306_2a41448389_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Iluyshin Il-2 Sturmovik by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50894661943_aea0b9b248_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Iluyshin Il-2 Sturmovik by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50894661913_ab36d1a986_o.jpgAcademy 1/72 Iluyshin Il-2 Sturmovik by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always

Shaun

• Like 45

Il-2's ARE my area of expertise, and I can say you did a beautiful job on this kit! The colours look spot-on to me.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 6:35 AM, Learstang said:

Il-2's ARE my area of expertise, and I can say you did a beautiful job on this kit! The colours look spot-on to me.

Best Regards,

Jason

Thanks, that's very reassuring! I'm no expert on WW2 Soviet types but I wasn't sure  if the AMT-4 green was a little on the bright side, good to have an expert opinion 😎

Thank you all for the additional comments, much appreciated 😊

• Like 1