F4U4 trumpeter 1/32

Wow, that one's seen better days 😵

Very ambitious work on making it look so abused and beaten up! Looks really effective, really well done 👏👏👏

• Like 1

A beautiful build, and the weathering and scuffing were incredibly realistic- hard to do well in such a large scale. One thing you might consider to make this outstanding model even better would be to rework the prop, as the blade contour looks more like what you would see on a Skyraider rather than a Corsair. See the links to  good F4U-4 photos to see what I mean.

Mike

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:F4U-4_Bu97388_front_view.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/rbalbirona/art/F4U-4-Corsair-front-679148341

Edited by 72modeler
added link
  • Like 1

I particularly like the over-weathering* and scuffs on the exhaust stains; I'd love to get that effect.  Can you share your technique with the class?

* That is to say "even the weathering shows weathering," not to imply you did too much.  😉

• Like 1

Hello,

Great build.  Would you please let me know how you attached the wings so that they do not droop?  I've seen other builds and most say the wings have to be built up.

Thanks

• Like 1

A beautiful build, and the weathering and scuffing were incredibly realistic- hard to do well in such a large scale. One thing you might consider to make this outstanding model even better would be to rework the prop, as the blade contour looks more like what you would see on a Skyraider rather than a Corsair. See the links to  good F4U-4 photos to see what I mean.

Mike

indeed, the propeller is not very beautiful, but I did not want to do anything other than mount this kit without major modification, the wheels are also ugly, the seat etc etc ;) 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2021 at 05:37, Jackson Duvalier said:

I particularly like the over-weathering* and scuffs on the exhaust stains; I'd love to get that effect.  Can you share your technique with the class?

* That is to say "even the weathering shows weathering," not to imply you did too much.  😉

a passage of black followed by H 85 sail, then brush vertically to give vertical streaks and scratch the exhaust trails

• Thanks 1

On 02/02/2021 at 06:21, NoSG0 said:

Hello,

Great build.  Would you please let me know how you attached the wings so that they do not droop?  I've seen other builds and most say the wings have to be built up.

Thanks

I reinforced the fenders with rods from the rest of the kit and glued securely taking care of the dihedron

• Like 1