How reading a comic book led to dusting off my scale model hobby!

ScheF15

Good day to all,

After reading a new album of my favourite comic series 'Tanguy et Laverdure' last year...

IMG_0634 (2)_400x600

... I let it slip that I once wanted to build a model kit of a Mirage III. I hadn't built a scale model for over 25 years, but I thought a modest 1:72 kit wouldn't hurt and I do like the bare metal Mirage IIIs. However, my wife remembered my rash statement and next Christmas she gave me this enormous 1:32 Revell kit!

IMG_0633 (2)_800x533

So, now I was more or less obliged to take up my modelling skills again but I did, and I really enjoy it. Before I sink my teeth in this kit, I practise first on a few 1:72 kits I still had lying somewhere, gathering dust. I will be back for some tips and tricks, because I learned things have developed in the modelling world!

Cheerio,

Rob

Edited by ScheF15
  • Like 10

Well you seemed to have found the right inspiration and the choice of subject is faultless!  Welcome!

As you seem to have an interest in things French, you might want to consider joining in with the French Fancy 2 Group Build later in the year - it's open to all things French regardless of your modelling ability, it's about having a bit of fun around a common theme.

Zut a'lors! C'est une Mirage Massif !  Bon Chance mon ami !.   (Apologies for my poor French, but my Dutch is non-existent)

welcome to Britmodeller and best of luck with the build!

regards,

Troffa

20 hours ago, junglierating said:

Welcome...are you going to make a Swiss vampire too🇨🇭

Haha, but no, not on a short notice. I have two RAF Phantoms, a RAF Buccaneer, a Viggen plus this Mirage III lying waiting first.

• Like 1