Iwata neo CN nozzle cap air leak

DrD

Hi all, I have an neo by iwata CN, the nozzle cap has no seal as such but did have some greasy substance on the threads when it was new. This has since been cleaned/worn off and air now leaks from where the nozzle cap meets the body.

Any idea what a suitable "sealing grease" to replace it might be??

Thanks in advance!

Hi,  First check that the nozzle  isn't cross threaded or has paint in the threads

Then  check the O ring is on the nozzle.

,Check the nozzle  is fully screwed into the brush. 

If  are still getting air escaping I would try some airbrush lubricant or  sewing machine  oil on the thread  of the air cap to seal the gaps the front of the brush. 

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. It's all spotlessly clean and not cross threaded. The nozzle has an o ring where it screws into the body, but the nozzle cap itself doesn't have an o ring, or perhaps mine is missing?

Kind regards

I referred to the Neo CN parts list and I see the the air cap (nozzle cap) does not have an O-ring seal. It is just like my HP-B Plus. It uses a thread sealant. I replace mine with a liquid thread sealant (Loctite). However, as I am modelling away from home, with limited access to such materials, I use a beeswax chap stick. A solution that others have recommended and it does the job nicely.  Clean the threads, apply a minimal amount with good coverage and  screw on the nozzle cap firm hand tight. All done. No leak for me.

airbrush 3

Ray

• Like 1

I use beeswax for my Iwata HP-TH & HP-CH. It's an excellent stable and versatile solid lube. Also good for wood screws, wooden slides, &etc. I get it in block form from a woodworking store (Woodcraft for those in the states), but craft stores likely carry it too.

• Like 1