My next build will be the ARDU Mirage IIIO A3-2 in the yellow and green scheme, using the Kinetic kit and Caracal decals, plus a bit of PE from the Eduard zoom set.

The box shot:

Kinetic Mirage IIIO

I've made a start - assembled the cockpit tub and sprayed it black - not really worth photographing yet. More soon.

cheers

Julian

• Like 9

2 hours ago, zebra said:

It's ARDU (the RAAF's Aircraft Research and Development Unit) not FRADU - now there's a what-if idea...

oh,sorry!

that is when you just type out of your head... and not check! thanks for correction! this one "F" letter... and some order mix up :D

anyways, I am looking forward to the yellow/ green scheme!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To be honest my enthusiasm for this one ebbed away once I got going on my African GB entry and also got bitten by the Skyhawk bug. I think this one will reappear in the French Fancy GB.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Julian

Sorry to hear that the Mirage will not be finished in this GB.

However it's not all bad news, I'm co-hosting the French Fancy GB with @Wez so I get to "encourage" you to finish it on that GB as well :fight:

Cheers Pat :giggle:

• Haha 2

On 21/03/2021 at 09:53, zebra said:

To be honest my enthusiasm for this one ebbed away once I got going on my African GB entry and also got bitten by the Skyhawk bug. I think this one will reappear in the French Fancy GB.

36 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Julian

However it's not all bad news, I'm co-hosting the French Fancy GB with @Wez so I get to "encourage" you to finish it on that GB as well :fight:

Sounds like a good plan to me, gotta love a Mirage.

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Julian

I feel like I'm more likely to do it justice in that GB so "encourage" away - although it's going to have some competition from a couple of very interesting recent purchases...

• Like 1