RFI: Just Finished Hasegawa Hawker Typhoon 1/48 with alot of help from Britmodeller Forum

Hey Brits-  I just finished the Typhoon with alot of help from this forum in the WW2 Section.  I ran into areas of question such as ID stripes, sky color codes, under canopy Color and bomb rack location which with the great help from you guys I was able to overcome and make an accurate model of my favorite British airplane of ww2.  I usually prefer the bubbletop with underwing rockets!  But this is the earlier car door version with Bombs that I fell in love with.

The Decals are from Techmod and were really great...  The Scheme is Dirty Dora and I referenced the color image that is posted online, and it had the right wing gun covers in reverse color and certain cowl screws with chipped paint (which I represented in the model).  The Photo has very light usage on the plane and almost no exhaust staining so I represented it as such in light weathering.  It was as it was in Spring 1943 with the yellow over wing stripes removed.  The Paint is Gunsie Mr. Color British Colors C361, C362 and C363.  I also used the C368 Sky for the band and spinner and these matched the decals very well...  (I had to order these from Taiwan as these colors are not imported to the USA) and the clear and wash is Tamiya.

This was built OOB except for Decals and the Eduard 'Look' Instrument Panel (excellent!), Eduard Resin Exhausts and a resin seat with molded in harness.

Thanks for all the great help you gave me on this project!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Tokyo Raider
  • Like 43
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fubar57 said:

That turned out very nice. Well done. I've found one source for Gunze Aqueous in Canada but I'll need to order a lot!!!!!! to justify shipping

Hi Fubar...  try ebay.  The shipping and cost was cheaper than my local hobby shop per jar.  I think it was like 5 dollars per jar (that was paint and shipping) shipped to me from Taiwan!  It took about 6 weeks to get the paint (covid) but I was planning ahead for the building season.

Looks like its about 5 a jar now (so price went up) but still really cheap.

Edited by Tokyo Raider

2 hours ago, fubar57 said:

That turned out very nice. Well done. I've found one source for Gunze Aqueous in Canada but I'll need to order a lot!!!!!! to justify shipping

Where? I ordered some Mr. Hobby Aqueous from Ontario this past September, hoping the Dark Earth would match the G-S Aqueous Dark Earth, but it wasn't that close.

Chris

12 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Wow that s one handsome looking Typhoon you have built there  .:goodjob: just 1 small pointer , the area under the canopy should be Black not the Cameo colour .

Yea, we discussed this at length and i found a photo that clearly was cammo there.  I repainted it from black to cammo...  was alot of re work...  they finally convinced it was cammo for this build.  The bubbletop has night back there.

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Where? I ordered some Mr. Hobby Aqueous from Ontario this past September, hoping the Dark Earth would match the G-S Aqueous Dark Earth, but it wasn't that close.

Chris

https://www.meeplemart.com/acrysion-color-6073.aspx?sort=ItemIDDesc

https://www.canadiangundam.com/167-mr-color-acrysion

• Like 1