Belkits MG Metro 6R4 .

Previous builders experiences of Belkits products have been patchy , so I began this kit with trepidation . However , after a shaky start , it all came together and built up into a really well detailed and accurate model of the Group B rally icon . There’s a few areas where more detail could be added , but I’m happy with what I’ve achieved . I have built the car as near as possible to works Metros from 1986 and I found a huge lack of good photos of works cars when I was researching . Maybe rally photographers at the time found other Group B cars more interesting !
Here’s a detailed WIP , if anyone’s interested 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235081556-belkits-mg-metro-6r4/

Now some photos , enjoy . 

50870028983_a72ac04d9c_k_d.jpg

50870736601_ce5c6beefa_c_d.jpg

50870736121_646ca11057_k_d.jpg

50870835332_87b75c8266_k_d.jpg

50870027768_80c54f6dd4_k_d.jpg

50870834517_a682afb9d5_c_d.jpg

50870834407_ff613098d8_c_d.jpg

50870734621_13c038fcca_c_d.jpg

50870026383_f88137df16_c_d.jpg

50686879318_17ebb83ef1_c_d.jpg

50870734301_3c7e003a5e_c_d.jpg

Thanks for looking , 
Gary . 

• Like 28

This looks lovely, Belkits certainly present more than their fair share of challenges. Hats off to you for the paint job, it’s a very neat finish.

I’m in the middle of doing the 2017 Ott Tanak Fiesta RS-certainly not for the faint hearted. Not sure I’ll brave enough to post the end result in the RFI !?!

• Like 1

You've done a great job with this. It was good watching it come together, and the end result justifies the effort. As an added bonus, I now know what to look for when I get around to building one of these :) One thing the end result demonstrates too is that you didn't need to worry about that superfluous rear bracing beam on the chassis - doesn't appear to be visible on the finished result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chanex said:

This looks lovely, Belkits certainly present more than their fair share of challenges. Hats off to you for the paint job, it’s a very neat finish.

I’m in the middle of doing the 2017 Ott Tanak Fiesta RS-certainly not for the faint hearted. Not sure I’ll brave enough to post the end result in the RFI !?!

Thanks for your interest . I ve got the Ogier Fiesta but I’m waiting to see if any Evans D Mack decals appear before I commit to a build . Why not post some pictures . You’ll get loads of helpful and constructive comments . Give it a try ! 

20 minutes ago, Spiny said:

You've done a great job with this. It was good watching it come together, and the end result justifies the effort. As an added bonus, I now know what to look for when I get around to building one of these :) One thing the end result demonstrates too is that you didn't need to worry about that superfluous rear bracing beam on the chassis - doesn't appear to be visible on the finished result.

Thanks , Spiny . I did worry too much about the rear beam , but it doesn’t destract  from the finished car in the end . 
Still be good to be able lift the rear hatch open though ! 

Gary . 

2 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

Fantastic job, looks great!! I've enjoyed following your progress along the way with this one, it's been a blast 😀

Thanks ,Steve . I’m raring to start another but it’s not the weather to be spraying body shells in the shed , so I’ll have to wait a bit . Got some Andrews Heat for Hire decals so there’s a clue to my next build .....

Gary . 

1 hour ago, Anteater said:

Very sharp build, a great model of a spectacular car. It's a shame Belkits didn't get the names of the crew right but it doesn't take away from your work one bit.

I like to think of the spelling mistake as a " spot the deliberate mistake  "  ....

Thanks for your comments

Gary 

Really neat! As an ex-rally marshal I remember these on the stages!

• Like 1