RFI: Eduard Bf110C Eagle-day (Adlertag) Special Edition Kit 1/48

Greetings Brits-  Here is the 4th of 4 of my Recent German model build.

This is the recently released Eduard Special edition 'Adlertag' kit of the Bf110C for Battle of Britain.   It includes a lot of decal schemes, but I settled on this one from the kit decals.  This was a fantastic kit!  The Kit Comes with an Ammo and gun servicing Luftwaffe Crew of about 5 or 6 excellent figures with a work table and tools.  I will build them some day and I left the Nose gun hatch loose and repositionable for a clean aircraft (fit is ok) or with hatch off to show the guns.  It looks handsome in the splinter cammo.  I was never a fan of this color scheme, but it looks really good on this plane.

After almost thru the build, I realized that Resin Exhausts (That look far better) were available and ordered a set.  So I just tacked these kit exhausts in place until the resin arrives and will fix that.  This kit has a lot of PE in it and I was selective about applying that because I really like building from the molded plastic parts and applying dry brushing to raised details.  I don't like looking at the edges of the PE just sitting on the consoles.  So cockpit is nice, but not all the detail contained in the kit.  Overall I was happy with this kit and it was a very fun build!  Enjoy...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Tokyo Raider
  • Like 43
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments guys...  

The thing that scared me the most was how to paint the yellow part of spinner on the RLM70 and have it look good (airbrush) and not be freehand painted.  Fortunately there is a panel line on the spinner to follow.

I survive modelling by buying eduard canopy and wheel masks...  for every model i make.  I have quite a collection of them.  So I went thru my used  pile of masks to find a outside part of the wheel mask that matched this diameter at the panel line on the spinner.  I fit this round cut hole in kabucki tape over spinner and airbrushed the yellow.  It came out great! Problem solved!  So i thought i would put this idea out there for other bf110 builders out there...

You're on a roll!

Superb 110. You have that rare 'artist's eye' for creating a convincing scale replica, with subtle but effective weathering. And your Zerstörer looks so much better without stark black wash in every nook and cranny – much like the real thing viewed from a corresponding distance.

Very inspiring work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

She is smooooooth! Maybe it's the quality of the finish but that is a very compelling model. I have the Dragon 110D in my collection and it's been intimidating me for years with the sheer size and number of parts (300 or so) plus the complicated paint schemes and the desire to not screw up such an expensive kit. Yours has made me think about digging it out...

35 minutes ago, burncpt said:

She is smooooooth! Maybe it's the quality of the finish but that is a very compelling model. I have the Dragon 110D in my collection and it's been intimidating me for years with the sheer size and number of parts (300 or so) plus the complicated paint schemes and the desire to not screw up such an expensive kit. Yours has made me think about digging it out...

Hi burncpt...

I cant comment on the dragon bf110, but the Eduard built beautifully...  i really liked how this came out.  Some camera angles show off the lines well...   its really nice.  I have been contemplating making a night fighter bf110, but its far down the build list...