H Builds “The Mighty Bedford MK Tactical Refueller” FINISHED

14 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

The ladder and platform look great buddy. You should be chuffed with the way that has worked out.

Thanks dude, very happy with it and even better it hasn’t fallen apart yet even after I dropped it a few times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Cheers dude. 

Add to the stash or build?

Stash for now, building is currently on hold but will resume in a couple of months

A different choice HB and thanks for choosing it,

I like to see support vehicles and it is a shame that there are not more of these subjects available in 1/72 and 1/48.

This is coming along really nicely too

cheers,

P

• Thanks 1

It’s almost finished, I’m just tinkering with it now

image image

After being challenged by @nimrod54, @Courageous, to replace the ladder and the metal mesh walkway, I revisited the cab. Having already scratch built mirror arms and real reflecting mirrors, something was niggling me. The prominent front indicators, now where the dickens did I put that spare clear sprue. 

That will do. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Courageous said:

I'm intrigued, what's the clear sprue for, making the light lenses?

Stuart

It’s the pouring stubs off of an Airfix canopy sprue, painted solid orange instead of clear orange as it was raining outside and I didn’t fancy running down to the man cave to get some. Once it’s coated in Klear it should look ok.  Probably over scale but good enough for me. 

• Like 2

For some reason I don't keep clear sprue. My method for lights is to have a lamp housing (your disc) painted silver/chrome, build up a few layers Formula 560 canopy glue (dries clear) and when dry, paint it with Tamiya Clear Orange or Red.

Stuart

Coming along very nicely. During WWII RAF vehicles were usually painted in Army camo, but after the war ended they went their own way AFAIK. Interesting to see you have used the RAF version of "sand" ie Hu250 "Desert Pink" rather than the Light Stone the Army used on their Gulf kit - I would not have been sure which to use if I was building it but using their own paint stock makes sense I guess!

Pete

Edited by PeterB

10 hours ago, PeterB said:

Coming along very nicely. During WWII RAF vehicles were usually painted in Army camo, but after the war ended they went their own way AFAIK. Interesting to see you have used the RAF version of "sand" ie Hu250 "Desert Pink" rather than the Light Stone the Army used on their Gulf kit - I would not have been sure which to use if I was building it but using their own paint stock makes sense I guess!

Pete

I’m sure the MKs used by RAF Tactical Supply Wing were desert pink, looking at the instructions now it has Hum 93, Matt desert sand. 

• Hockeyboy76 changed the title to H Builds “The Mighty Bedford MK Tactical Refueller” FINISHED
4 hours ago, desert falcon said:

That's a mighty fine Bedford 👍

Thanks DF, I’m really happy with it. 

3 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That's a cracking job mate, adding it to a base is a nice touch. Well done buddy :thumbsup:

Cheers dude.

Best build of the year!

• Like 1