Covid Jab

DMC

On 2/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, Skodadriver said:

There is a very interesting piece on the BBC website about reluctance to accept the vaccine particularly among older people of Pakistani heritage who, of course, are among the highest risk groups.

The article shows a notice posted in a hospital in 1923, 98 years ago, which reads as follows:

"Those who disbelieve in vaccination should ponder the following figures issued by the Health Committee of Gloucester:

Total admissions to hospital for smallpox - 350

Unvaccinated - 319

Vaccinated but so long ago as to be unprotected - 18

Vaccinated during incubation period of disease - 13"

Nothing will change the mind of the dedicated anti-vaxxer (a mindset I absolutely fail to understand) but hopefully figures like that will convince anybody who is still thinking about whether to have the vaccine or not.

Dave G

Interesting there are also articles about White Britions rejecting the Pfizer BioNtech jab also ....because its not made in Britain....there are idiots of all varieties....just sayin

On 2/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, Skodadriver said:

Edited by junglierating
  • Like 3

I've just had a text from my doctor to report on Saturday - I'm quite excited & it's cheered me up a lot.  I think I can faintly see some fairy lights that may have been switched on at the far end of the tunnel :thumbsup: Steve

• Like 6

A friend had the AZ jab on monday morning. Felt like 💩 monday night. Checked with her yesterday, swollen arms and legs, pain everywhere and very tired. Has been in contact with her GP.

She carries an EpiPen, as bee stings can kill her, also very susceptible to all manner of allergies. I will monitor progress and let you all know.

EpiPen carriers cannot have the Pfizer jab, only AZ.

Another EpiPen carrier only had a sore arm for a while.

• Sad 1

I got a call from my GP surgery on Monday afternoon asking both me and my wife if we were available on Tuesday (yesterday) to receive our Covid vaccination, I'm 65 and she is 55, but we're both classed as being in the "at risk" categories . 

The procedure went well and was very well organised, although we both had to wait in the outside tented area for 15 minutes to see if we were having any allergic reactions to it, as we hadboth received the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine. After the 15 minutes had elapsed we were back into the car and home for tea and medals.

We both woke up fine and dandy this morning with no side-effects whatsoever.

• Like 4

Caz's older family members had the Oxford one, and most of them had a fever and the shakes, but have come out the other side OK.  Generally, anyone I know that's had the Pfizer one has just had a bit of a sore arm, apart from my dad, who must be double-hard :lol:

• Haha 3

My wife works in a care home and all the staff got Pfizered in Dec.

Roughly half (including my wife) had quite strong flu-like symptoms for 24 hours ... so much so she was totally unfit for work the following day. But after 24 hours or so the symptoms all disappeared very rapidly (in the space of a couple of hours)

Cheers

Colin

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, junglierating said:

Interesting there are also articles about White Britions rejecting the Pfizer BioNtech jab also ....because its not made in Britain....there are idiots of all varieties....just sayin

Given the likelihood that some of these people will be on other medications, they will be in for an interesting time if they demand to know where  all their medicines are made. If they are going to refuse stuff that is made abroad, then they are going to be in serious trouble if they have high blood pressure,  need antibiotics, have certain sorts of cancer etc. 

• Like 9

Stupidity is not normally an evolutionary advantage.

Interesting to see the range of responses, although not really surprising.  My wife had the AZ at the weekend and is fine.  The first night she said that if she touched the arm around the site, then there was a slight ache and mild inflammation.  She was a bit droopy the day after.  Otherwise nil.

• Like 3

Had my jab (Pfizer) this afternoon. Had to go to another Health Centre as they have centralised the storage. Very well organised with local Lions group on car park and queue duty, our practice staff were giving the vaccination and going the paperwork. Then more volunteers to get people sat down with small post it notes to tell when they can leave. This has all been worked at a local level using experience garnered from flu campaigns. 

I feel OK apart from an irresistible urge to tell Bill Gates where I am and obeying all commands of our lizard overlords.😉🚗🏥💉🚗🦎

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

.....................apart from an irresistible urge to tell Bill Gates where I am and obeying all commands of our lizard overlords.😉🚗🏥💉🚗🦎

Aahum......Mrs T is NOT going to be happy...............:dinosaur:

• Haha 6

The only problem I had at my vaccination hub in the local leisure centre was getting use to being around such a large number of people. Comes from being on lockdown as a singly in a small village. I might need counselling to get round SMW in 2022. 

• Haha 1

I got my first jab today. Neighbour asked “Where did you get it?”  “In the arm” I replied. The answer was both 100% correct and totally irrelevant as she wanted to hear “The Community Centre”

• Haha 6

Slightly sore arm when I got up, but this has gone now. Keeping fingers crossed that is it as I am still endlessly painting kitchen cabinet fronts. 

• Like 2

Mrs H had her first vaccination today 3 weeks after me. She's   - um, excuse me chaps, the slight dfelay was caused my Mrs H spotting me type her age.

I now have a side effect of that spotting, a sore head.

Anyway, she is younger than me. 

Funny thing is the vaccinations were arranged by the local GP set up to carry out the vaccinations and 3 days after mine, I had a letter off the NHS inviting me to book my vaccination, and Mrs H had a letter off the NHS this morning, just 3 hours before attending GP vaccination centre! 

• Haha 3

On 2/17/2021 at 8:19 AM, junglierating said:

Apparently according to our government in Ireland it's likely that when I get the vaccine it'll be the 'British' even though it isn't really, the Oxford Astra vaccine. No doubt our ultra patriots will reject it. Which in my mind is a good result. Idiots of all varieties as you say. 

I will take their place happily. Anti vaxxers of any kind are Darwin candidates. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1