Covid Jab

DMC

On 2/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, PhoenixII said:

No matter WHAT happens, we'll hear about it on the news, so will be forewarned for Telford in regards to the man with two head's, six arm's......! :wicked:

Two heads, six arms,

he only needs to develop the webbed fingers and toes and he would pass for a local in Norfolk.........

• Haha 2

Got my first vaccination this morning. I'm a few years off 70 but I got into group 4 by being Clinically Extremely Valuable as I like to class myself! Looking forward to my second.

Definitely our way out of this pandemic.

Happy chappy

Terry

• Like 1

I got the Pzifer/BioNtech vaccine jab on Feb 4 - no side effects. Currently everyone over 65 in NY can get the jab, plus healthcare and essential workers, and those with compromising conditions. My second jab is scheduled for Feb 25.

But I am still wearing my mask and practicing physical distancing - especially from SWMBO. She's always smacking me in the head.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, junglierating said:

Happy with Mr Johnsons reasoning but what is behind it....anyone else wonder? 

Seemed to be saying when this adjustment was first announced that as many people as possible getting one dose as soon as possible would spread the benefits further as the first gave a reasonably high rate of protection to begin with which the second would increase a little bit more and also that the original three week gap has as much/little scientific proof as a twelve week gap.

Considering this had only started to raise itself over the horizon a year ago the conventional scientific process is going to be playing catch up for a while unlike the newspaper headlines  . . . . .  a cure by Christmas  back in November to believe some newspapers before commercial production had even started , now a more realistic and responsible will reduce your chance of developing serious illness , hospitalisation and death seems to be the more reasonable and informed opinion.

In many ways we are still flying blind on this with the only definite thing so far being that the initial media hype is always proved wrong. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Nobody's having any problems yet from the jabs?

I can only speak for myself but I got my first shot (Pfizer) yesterday afternoon and so far I've had absolutely no side effects, not even a sore arm.

My wife got it at the same time and she has had a bit of pain and slight swelling in her upper arm but it seems to be wearing off. Otherwise she is similarly unaffected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Nobody's having any problems yet from the jabs?

Well I felt fine all yesterday afternoon and evening, but during the night I had quite a fever and uncontrollable shakes for a while. Felt like I had contracted the flu. Then this morning, all seems to be well although slightly tired from a bad night. They did warn there might be some short term reactions like that. Mine was the Oxford AstraZeneca one.

None of that will put me off the second jab though!

Terry

• Sad 1

Hi Terry,

I had exactly the same, severe shivering and feeling very cold for about six hours.  Having said that, I tend to suffer these symptoms once every five years or so and I put mine down to my time in the Far East, something akin to Malaria.   It seems that when I feel low or stressed, this shaking and shivering comes on for a few hours and, perhaps, mine was down to the build up/stress of waiting for and eventually getting the jab.

Next morning, apart from a little tiredness, it was as if nothing happened and everything was back to normal. 

Looking forward to getting the second jab.

Mike

• Like 3

Thats me a good 48 hrs since my first Pfizer jab, apparently its about now I might feel any side effects, keep looking at my arm to see proof it was done correctly, swelling, tenderness ETC, but it looks perfectly normal ... just ignore me ... I'm a life long anxious worrier type of person :) I'm sure it was done correctly, we're all different, never the less, some sort of side effect would leave me reassuringly satisfied just now LOL ... Looking forward to my second one and seeing more light at the end of the tunnel when normal or semi normal life can resume again ... we've all lost an awful lot, we've all made tremendous sacrifices, without being political, am tremendously proud of the NHS in this crisis, same for medical organisations around the world too we really are all in this together.

We can beat this Pandemic ... and we will ... stay safe all :grouphug:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Des said:

high rate of protection to begin with which the second would increase a little bit more and also that the original three week gap has as much/little scientific proof as a twelve week gap.

Hmm I disagree Pfizer only tested up to the 3 week point but as far as I am aware nobody has tested to the 12 week point as the UKG have suggested.I understand the theory of getting many people a single jab but if the efficiency of the no1 jab deteriorates by the 12 week mark then it will have been a little pointless and expensive.As I said the European health commision (gleaned from the BMJ)have suggested 42 days (6 weeks) which coincidently the Americans also agree with https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-it-safe-to-delay-a-second-covid-vaccine-dose/.

I suspect that the 12 week perodicity may change.

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

I've got my jab in 2 weeks... 

Im really confused though, I'm closer to 20 than I am 30 and I have no medical conditions.

I can only assume someone's seen me posting here and assumed I'm over 60 ;)

But you are a critical worker ............ you worked on that 1/48 Chipmunk till Airfix did the dirty on you!

Terry

• Haha 2

Was going to have mine today, but Mrs T asked me if I would forgo my slot so that they could do some more home visits. Now re-scheduled for Wednesday which is OK by me as it will be the Pfizer jab which apparently is effective against most strains including the South African one. 

• Like 1

I got my Pfizer jab at around 11:20 this morning. Barely felt it and nothing to report so far.

Equally importantly, after a late call last night I was able to nip into Lincoln before 08:00 for a CT scan.

My long term colon problems have returned, and I need Dynorod or something. It's stopping me modelling!

I'll be more than glad when it's sorted, and am hugely grateful to the NHS that they fitted me in. Bless them all.

• Like 4

On 2/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Terry1954 said:

Well I felt fine all yesterday afternoon and evening, but during the night I had quite a fever and uncontrollable shakes for a while. Felt like I had contracted the flu. Then this morning, all seems to be well although slightly tired from a bad night. They did warn there might be some short term reactions like that. Mine was the Oxford AstraZeneca one.

None of that will put me off the second jab though!

Terry

Exactly the same as me, Terry. Strangely, Herself and I were inoculated at the same time by the same person and she had no after effects at all. 

• Like 1

The boss got her call for the jab last Wednesday, she had the Pfizer one and no ill effects at all, not even a sore arm.

I had mine on Friday and had the Oxford one, afterwards no problem at all, but Friday night just before I went to bed my wife said I looked red in the face and sure enough as Terry described above fever, shakes, sweating and a very sleepless night, got up and did not feel too bad apart from a sore arm. Today (Sunday) I am back to normal apart from the sore arm which is still with me but then again that's what happens when I have the flu jab.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spitfire said:

The boss got her call for the jab last Wednesday, she had the Pfizer one and no ill effects at all, not even a sore arm.

I had mine on Friday and had the Oxford one, afterwards no problem at all, but Friday night just before I went to bed my wife said I looked red in the face and sure enough as Terry described above fever, shakes, sweating and a very sleepless night, got up and did not feel too bad apart from a sore arm. Today (Sunday) I am back to normal apart from the sore arm which is still with me but then again that's what happens when I have the flu jab.

Cheers

Dennis

Seems like you, me @Vinnie and @bootneck had a similar reaction. Not pleasant I know, but comforting to know it didn't just happen to me, and I've heard others have had similar reactions. I'd like to think it meant that the antibodies were already telling our bodies how to put up a fight! I'm sure that's all it is.

I've been absolutely fine since, and my wife has now also got her date next week, so that means in the first week or so of May, we both get our second dose, dates already confirmed. I'm seeing an even brighter light at the end of this very long tunnel.

Stay safe everyone, and do take up the offer of a jab. It really is the way forward IMHO.

Terry

• Like 1