Covid Jab

DMC

On 7/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, Bullbasket said:

I'll see your gums, and raise you an eye!!! Many years ago, I had a myobium cyst on my eyelid, which needed to be cut out. Seeing that needle approaching my eye was not one of the better moments in my life.

John.

Reminds me of my first cataract op.  There I was helpless in the chair as the anaesthetist (full doctor) explained conversationally that in the old days they had to put the needle right through the eyeball to anaesthetise the optic nerve before saying, in a tone of slight disappointment I thought, that nowadays they have found a way of going around the side.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

I once had a 6 inch needle shoved through my chest between my ribs to re-inflate a collapsed lung! 😬

Regards,

Steve

OK, I fold. You win!

John.

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, Bullbasket said:

I'll see your gums, and raise you an eye!!! Many years ago, I had a myobium cyst on my eyelid, which needed to be cut out. Seeing that needle approaching my eye was not one of the better moments in my life.

Apparently this is gross. Like in the line in movie The Gentlemen, " you really can't unsee it once you've seen it ".

Edited by Mick4350
  • Sad 3

OK you lot.  You've devolved into grossness and drifted away from the topic.  Enough of the one-upping each other with your swollen bits and bobs :puke:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Finally!!! Got the call yesterday to say that we are booked in for our second jabs on Tuesday. I just hope that it's the AZ vaccine as swmbo has said that she won't mix and match.

John.

• Like 3

I'm also now fully vaccinated, 1st one end of May, a delay with the second, I think they were running out of the stuff, Pfizer, but the 2nd one last Wednesday. So far nothing I can attribute to the jab by way of side effects.

• Like 4

On 7/8/2021 at 8:52 PM, Mike said:

Enough of the one-upping each other with your swollen bits and bobs

Aww go on..... one more..... not that gross but I had an air encephalograph once. An excruciating and rare procedure rendered obsolete by the advent of the MRI and CAT scans.

My second AZ vaccination comes up in a couple of weeks - absolutely no side effects from first one. I am ignoring all the crazy talk here in Australia demonising the AZ for complications which are at a lower level than ANY general anaesthetic.

• Like 2

Had my 2nd dose cancelled on me earlier, suppose as for Pfizer 8 weeks is better than 12. Rebooked and fortunately getting it the same place as the first dose rather in the back end of nowhere, so that be me fully done by the end of next month.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

Aww go on..... one more..... not that gross but I had an air encephalograph once. An excruciating and rare procedure rendered obsolete by the advent of the MRI and CAT scans.

My second AZ vaccination comes up in a couple of weeks - absolutely no side effects from first one. I am ignoring all the crazy talk here in Australia demonising the AZ for complications which are at a lower level than ANY general anaesthetic.

You're quite right. I'm amazed at the slow uptake of vaccines in Oz. Sydney now in lockdown for another four weeks! I  think there would be if not riots then widespread civil disobedience if they tried that here in Ireland or Britain now. Besides we are mostly vaccinated at this point and over in England almost everything is opened up. Lockdowns are fine for containing disease but only until everyone is vaccinated. 

Only this weekend I was able to visit my extended family in Dublin, some I hadn't seen in two years. Hugs all round. No more lockdowns for us. 

At this point everyone who wants a vaccine can have it even kids 12 to 15 will be vaccinated here in Ireland from next week. I have two in that age range and both will be vaccinated. They may well be practically immune to the current strains but you simply don't know what's variant is on it's way. 

Anyone avoiding the jab now is just playing Russian roulette with their lives. 

I also had my first meal indoors in a restaurant for over a year on Monday. They didn't even ask for our covid passports. I think our age told them all we needed to know. No going back now. 

• Like 2

I just got my second shot two days ago. No problems except for a hard headache from from the heat to air conditioning which I get fairly often. Phizer is all they were giving out at that time. I heard yesterday Canada now has enough vaccines(66 million) for 33.2 million of 12 and over. I don't know if that includes those who had shots already. Unfortunately there's a chunk of the population who refuse to get it. Some Dietsch Mennonites for example who have dual citizenships here are even moving to Mexico and S.America right now so they can avoid it.

Had our second AZ on Tuesday. First time around, swmbo suffered for a few weeks, but I had nothing. This time she has had no side effects, and all I've had is a mild headache, which paracetamol has taken care of.

John.

• Like 1

We are required to apply for a QR code or actual card two weeks or so after the second shot. I don't have a cell phone(one of the last three in the world) so I'll need a card. Unfortunately the provincial gov't didn't think so many people would opt for the card leading to a long wait for some. My only problem with that is why not have the card automatically issued once you get the second shot. I guess that's the gov't for you. Some people are having a hard time because one vaccine location lost the records to a lot of people for their first shot and now can't get the card. See how that plays out.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

don't have a cell phone(one of the last three in the world) so I'll need a card. Unfortunately the provincial gov't didn't think so many people would opt for the card leading to a long wait for some. My only problem with that is why not have the card automatically issued once you get the second shot. I guess that's the gov't for you. Some people are having a hard time because one vaccine location lost the records to a lot of people for their first shot and now can't get the card. See how that plays out.

I know the other two! :o One of my neighbours and my dad.  My mum's only got one because I gave her my old one though :shrug:

incidentally, in the UK we've got a "Covid Pass" that we can carry on our phones if we download the contact tracing app. but if you don't like having that piece of junk app on your device, you can order a paper copy from them online, which rocks up at your house a few days later.  You never know when you might need one, so it's an idea to have it on hand, rather than rush round trying to get one urgently :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

We are required to apply for a QR code or actual card two weeks or so after the second shot. I don't have a cell phone(one of the last three in the world) so I'll need a card. Unfortunately the provincial gov't didn't think so many people would opt for the card leading to a long wait for some. My only problem with that is why not have the card automatically issued once you get the second shot. I guess that's the gov't for you. Some people are having a hard time because one vaccine location lost the records to a lot of people for their first shot and now can't get the card. See how that plays out.

Ah! The provincial governments of Canada. 

No one can eff things up quite like they can. Here in Alberta, they don't even have cards yet.

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Ah! The provincial governments of Canada. 

No one can eff things up quite like they can. Here in Alberta, they don't even have cards yet.

Chris

And your supposed to be the superior province :P well according to some.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I know the other two! :o One of my neighbours and my dad.  My mum's only got one because I gave her my old one though :shrug:

incidentally, in the UK we've got a "Covid Pass" that we can carry on our phones if we download the contact tracing app. but if you don't like having that piece of junk app on your device, you can order a paper copy from them online, which rocks up at your house a few days later.  You never know when you might need one, so it's an idea to have it on hand, rather than rush round trying to get one urgently :yes:

I was thinking of starting a club of non cell phone people. It would be up there with my anti procrastination club which I'm still working on a start date for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fully vaccinated since last saturday.
2nd Pfizer jab. One day after a bit flu like symptoms but nothing seriously. Second day nothing.
First jab I felt absolutely nothing.

In other words: 100% as standard symptoms described in advance.

Edited by Steben

54 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

And your supposed to be the superior province :P well according to some.

We're not even close to that, with our leadership.

Chris

I read the other day that feed back from people with the Pfizer jabs indicates that a 3rd jab has  significant benefits for protection against the Delta variant, so a booster on top of the first 2 might become a thing, especially for the older groups.

Steve.

16 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I read the other day that feed back from people with the Pfizer jabs indicates that a 3rd jab has  significant benefits for protection against the Delta variant, so a booster on top of the first 2 might become a thing, especially for the older groups.

Steve.

Is that official from pfizer and doctors? I heard that to, just know they're making big money on them. The top docs here just said it may not be needed, But see what happens.

I'm not sure how official that is but a Google search on it brings up quite a lot of sources so at least some substance in it. I doubt Pfizer needs to generate more sales for a long time to come but it will be worth following the story to see how it stands up to peer reviews & whether or not it is adopted by various national health agencies.

Steve.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

I'm not sure how official that is but a Google search on it brings up quite a lot of sources so at least some substance in it. I doubt Pfizer needs to generate more sales for a long time to come but it will be worth following the story to see how it stands up to peer reviews & whether or not it is adopted by various national health agencies.

Steve.

Yep, the peer reviews are important and the ones using it.

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Steve.

Heard on the news this morning that the Israelis are giving third jabs to the over 60's.

John.

• Like 1