Covid Jab

DMC

On 3/10/2021 at 6:15 PM, Bigdave22014 said:

"cos I've 'ad the jab aint I?"

In Glasgow and surroundings you don't need a jab to be immune , a Rangers Football Scarf gives you immunity from everything apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 3/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, Des said:

In Glasgow and surroundings you don't need a jab to be immune , a Rangers Football Scarf gives you immunity from everything apparently.

Almost everything.  Doesnt ward off Celtic supporters though  :)

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, bootneck said:

Yep, that was me when I had my jab.  Raised temperature but, conversley, felt extremely cold and shivering uncontrollably with blankets around me.  Next morning, no problems; bright and breezy and ready for a good days modelling.  Weird or what!

Mike

My jab is due on Monday 23rd so hopefully once I have had it, I can start producing some good days of modelling again.

Dave

• Like 3

On 3/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, IanHx said:

Both grown kids jabbed with A-Z this afternoon.  Will see what the morning brings...

24 hours later, one has nothing more than a sore arm,  while the other has joint pains all over and generally feeling a bit :poop:

• Like 1

Came back from the GP's office and it is still 6 weeks away at the very minimum and is going to be the AZ vaccine. I'd prefer the Pfizer jab, but we don't get a choice as consumers here in Australia. I said in early January it was six weeks away and the rollout here is extremely slow.

Had my jab (AZ) 24 hrs ago, and so far no side effects - not even a sore arm. Wife is most annoyed as she spent a day in pain and fever, as did my son. Bit anti-climatic really as I was all set up for a day of pampering :)

Very impressed by the organisation and efficiency of the Millbrook Southampton NHS centre

Cheers

Colin

• Like 2

Had mine on Tuesday. As above, very impressed by the whole setup (at Askham Bar, York). I arrived about 45 mins early (because of largish distances involved) but there were so many cars in the queues that I got my jab exactly on time. 

I just got a bruised arm and a delayed feeling of general unwellness last night but nothing to write home about.

I asked for the Sputnik Vax so I could post on the Britmodeller real space forum but they said they were fresh out 😀.

Well done NHS and everyone involved. Shows what we can do when our backs are against the wall.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

It doesn't. Many do not understand that is not the function of the jab. It neither makes you immune, or prevents you from transmitting it.

It's function is purely to reduce the symptoms to a level that you do not need hospitalisation.

It's NOT a cure or a preventive, it gives your body a headstart in defense. Some patients believe it is like a suit of armour the moment the needle goes in. :fraidnot: The medics will tell you it doesn't.

That's exactly the thing, too many people think it's a done deal once they've had their jabs but it doesn't prevent transmission, only continued social distancing etc will do that. That's why, I personally, think that large gatherings will or should continue to be restricted for some time to come, basically until such times as the W.H.O. states that the pandemic is over. Until that time any local or national lifting of restrictions merely gives the virus access to roam once again.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:19 PM, Des said:

....even immunity from arrest or prosecution apparently (luckily those Rangers supporters weren't women......I'd better drop that there 🤐).

Duncan B

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I had my 1st jab first four weeks ago - but SWMBO - who is older than me & in much better health than me - turned 60 today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADAME X 

She hadn't heard anything from our doctors - so I jumped on the tinterwebs last night & I got her a jab today - she hasn't thanked me yet - but she isn't dead either.

We went to the Man City Ground - so she liked that bit - C'mon City - C'mon Madame X

Happy 60th - to my better half.

Steve 

• Like 3

Happy to hear from my son, who's 53, that he had his (AZ) jab two days ago. He said that apart from a sore arm, he was OK. Then we got an email from him to say that he'd been sent home from work as he felt like crap, as he put it. He said that it felt like a bad cold, but now, 24 hours later, he says that he's back to feeling fine again.

John.

• Like 2

Got my text from the NHS vaccines service last Wednesday, and booked both the first and second appointments on line within about 10 minutes.

This is where it gets a bit crazy - system asks you for your post code, which I duly gave. We have a vaccination centre about 1/2 mile from our house. I have to drive 20 mins across the town we live to get my jab from a pharmacy on the opposite side from where we live! 

Jab No 2:

Website: Would you like your second appointment to be at the same place?

Me: (click on yes)

Website: sorry no appointments available at the chosen location your nearest locations (as a straight line distance...) 

Nearest place it give me is a 20 minute or so drive out of the local area and into the next local authority! It was also trying to give me places in Bedford, Luton, Dunstable.....I just went with the village hall that they said was the nearest (even though in actual fact its not very near to where I live!)

So all booked ok.. I then start getting texts from my GP to say - "you are now elligible for your free NHS Covid-19 vaccination, please contact us to arrange an appointment." Well I just have, so I ignored it. Then the same on Thursday, and Friday, and Saturday! They gave it a rest on Sunday! Monday morning, house phone starts ringing shortly after we had got in from dropping the car off for it's MOT. 

(local number)

Caller: "Hello, could I speak to Mr Brooks please"

(me) Speaking.

Caller: Hello, it's the practice manager from X practice, just ringing to arrange your appointment for your Covid-19 vaccination

(in my head aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh)

me: Sorry, but it's already booked as I've had the txt from the NHS vaccine service

Caller: Have you? When is it booked?

(now have to go all the way upstairs to the main PC to check my emails)

give the info and say to the caller very exasperated - i got this on wednesday, and booked as soon as I got the txt!!!!!!

caller: Thats fine then, good bye......

Now what's annoyed me most about this, how many others have they called and had the same response, surely they should have a list from the NHS Vaccine service to let them know who has already booked from the practice so that they are not wasting time and money by ringing people who have already booked! Or am I being too sensible and having joined up thinking...

(Although, I am looking forward to getting it, and am impressed at how quickly the NHS has rolled out the vaccine program as a whole - even my wife has had her jab and she's 12 years younger than me and puts her in a different age bracket. But due to underlying health conditions which have recently changed, she's now classified in the at risk group, so has been brought forward in the scheduling)

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 1

We booked our jabs on line and also then started to get texts or calls from the local practice. 

Same with the flu jab. Do you want the jab? went on for about two weeks and everytime I went there!

It always makes me ill. And I didn't get the flu, so har har!

• Like 1

Similar story to me. I had heard nothing from my GP surgery so a few weeks ago booked Jabs 1 and 2 using the NHS website. It was a bit of a palaver because the site is a bit flakey - at various times it told me I'd already missed two appointments (which is, of course, total nonsense) and tried to send me over 30 miles away to places like Slough, Ealing, Richmond etc - even though the nearest centre is less than two miles away. In the end, I was able to arrange a session at a centre in Woking (11 miles away).

I would have to wait three weeks,

One week later, my GP surgery DOES call me and says they can arrange a jab for me at my local centre - the one under two miles away. I decide to forget about Woking and go local. I had my jab last week and the surgery will contact me when they are ready to give me Jab No.2.

• Like 1

I booked via NHS, not too far away, as soon as age group was allowed.  Got text from GP a week later, different online system so I could book at the local Hall for jab in four days time.  So I did that and cancelled the NHS proper as that would still be another two weeks now.   Nothing in either  booking process was hard.

Had my AZ jab a week ago, all was very well organised and run, felt a bit cold then hot through that night and then a mild headache first thing.  To be honest if it hadnt been for reading about all the people discussing their reaction i probably wouldnt have noticed!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Now what's annoyed me most about this, how many others have they called and had the same response, surely they should have a list from the NHS Vaccine service to let them know who has already booked from the practice so that they are not wasting time and money by ringing people who have already booked! Or am I being too sensible and having joined up thinking...

Ah, computer networks. Wonderful, if they are used properly.

John.

• Haha 1

Mrs B and myself got our 1st jabs yesterday afternoon, the AZ version (so the cockpits don't fit and the colour schemes are dubious!!). She's felling fine but I'm feeling a little grotty today, sore head and a little achy but nothing so bad that a couple of paracetamol can't sort out.

The Doctor was at pains to point out that the NHS has done a brilliant job to organise the logistics of the whole campaign and I couldn't argue with that. It was my first opportunity to thank a health worker in person and I made sure I took it, well done to them all.

Duncan B

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All

I'm not long back from my first jab in a local shopping centre here in Medway.  Credit were its due the staff were fantastic great fun simple enough procedure and in and out in about 15 minutes very impressed. 

My GP also offered me a jab so even with a lot gripes about things this past year, I feel thankfully that this is one thing we've got right unlike other countries especially  when looking towards older elderly sick family members across the water. 

Looking forward to the pain in the arm tomorrow 🤣

Stay safe everyone

E.

• Like 2

Had my 2nd Pfizer this afternoon. Very well organised. The lad who jabbed me was wearing bottle green scrubs so i asked him if he was a vet. Fortunately he saw the funny side of it! He was a 2nd yr med student and said he was really enjoying doing the vaccinations as it was good for his people skills. 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 5