Covid Jab

DMC

22 minutes ago, DMC said:

.........Covid jab. Very quick and efficient.  In and out in 15/20 min.

Same here this morning. :thumbsup: Completely painless,  and the process was very simple.

Mike

• Like 5

As a slip of a lad of 52 I think mine's a way off yet, although as I work in a school I may get a leg up (we have had numerous students members of staff go down with it.) Very happy for you, stay safe. 

Well, here, as you can expect, it looks like we'll be getting ours around about the time that hell freezes over, thanks to p--- up in a brewery syndrome that they seem to suffer from.

John.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

we'll be getting ours around about the time that hell freezes over,

A little quicker than that we hope, John.

Dennis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

Having my 15-minute post jab wait at the hospital as I type. Not keeled over yet.

Didn’t use a big un then :syringe:

No tea and biscuits like donating blood?  What the country coming to :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

John, have the farmers had theirs yet? .... :tomato:

Knowing how things work over here, it wouldn't surprise me. Rheumatologist who I spoke to three weeks ago said that she and other doctors weren't getting it until mid February. Then it would be the over 75's and then the rest of us. Hopefully, I'll get mine before Telford (if it's on).

John.

• Like 1

Had my first jab in earlyJan due to being 'front line' was due 2nd dose this week but got email cancelling and telling me to wait until i get new appointment. Still waiting fir my second head to sprout! Most put out i didn't get a lollypop or sticker! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Saw my GP last Friday for him to certify that I was of fit mind to sign a Continuing Power of Attorney (£50 fee overcame the obvious problem there) and he was saying that they had just started vaccinations at the Health Centre that day and would hope to get to my wife and I (65-70 age group) by mid-March IF supplies continued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm under 65 with no health problems,so maybe by the summer,hopefully.I will take it.

So everybody says the jab wasn't bad,what about the effects, fatigue,sickness,anything else ?

Everyone I know had some fatigue.

Edited by Tojo72

Absolutely none, but it is only six hours.  Next door neighbours had theirs some time ago but no problems reported.  None of the other (more distant) family members are reporting anything.  Judging from the leaflet handed out only around 10% have things like fatigue, sore arms, etc.  Of course this may vary with vaccines., the ones here are either Pfizer or Astra-Zeneca (me),  I don't think that the AZ is available in the US yet.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tojo72 said:

So everybody says the jab wasn't bad,what about the effects, fatigue,sickness,anything else ?

Everyone I know had some fatigue.

Just a touch of a headache soon after and a bit of a stiff achey arm for a few hours the following day for me. Other than that nothing too bad 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graham Boak said:

Absolutely none, but it is only six hours.  Next door neighbours had theirs some time ago but no problems reported.  None of the other (more distant) family members are reporting anything.  Judging from the leaflet handed out only around 10% have things like fatigue, sore arms, etc.  Of course this may vary with vaccines., the ones here are either Pfizer or Astra-Zeneca (me),  I don't think that the AZ is available in the US yet.

So far its mostly Pfizer,with some Moderna showing up

I'm in the clinically vulnerable group, although I'm only in my early 40s.  Had a text from my GP surgery on Jan 7th about them getting in the Pfizer vaccine, haven't heard anything since.  Hopefully someone will pull their finger out sometime soon and start getting the rollout going quicker/better...

Edited by RobL

2 hours ago, Tojo72 said:

I'm under 65 with no health problems,so maybe by the summer,hopefully.I will take it.

You forgot to specify what year

/runs

Kidding aside, I expect a reshuffle in the planning in a few months as soon as the high-risk groups are through (and more vaccine manufacturers get approved).

Some of the schedules over here are clearly thought up by a business school MBA type without real life experience.

(care homes subdivided in age ranges? So, what, you only vaccinate 20% and leave the rest to wait for another 3 months?)

If not, well... least-risk group ánd a last name at the end of the alphabet means Fall 2021 if all goes as currently planned.