Ford Failaine 500, 1957, 1/25, Revell, "Fireball" Roberts

Beautiful job on and excellent kit. I built the Rio Rancho wagon version of this kit a few years ago and everything kit together so well and the finished model just “looked right” (realistic, accurate proportions). Your build makes me want to build a stock or early drag gasser version of this sedan kit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Great build! one question 

is there interior parts for Stock version?

or it's impossible to build it as a stock Ford? 

Thanks!

Edited by Sosezi

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2022 at 06:12, Sosezi said:

Great build! one question 

is there interior parts for Stock version?

or it's impossible to build it as a stock Ford? 

Thanks!

There is a stock version available, I have one. I intend to make a convertible out of it. My friend had one, and I collected it and drove it home across London in the rush hour 50 years ago. Great fun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

There is a stock version available, I have one. I intend to make a convertible out of it. My friend had one, and I collected it and drove it home across London in the rush hour 50 years ago. Great fun.

Depending on how nit-picky you are, there are a couple of potential problems with that:  the Revell kit is a basic Custom 300, which wasn't offered as a convertible.  Also, being a sedan, it has a higher roofline and a taller windscreen than the Fairlane 500 hardtops and convertibles.  There are also some issues with the Revell body around the wheel arches where the old AMT '57 is more accurate...  All things considered, the venerable AMT '57 Fairlane would be a better starting point  for a convertible.

Nice build  OP.   I have a stock one in the stash (and three AMTs 😶), will get to them one day.

On 09/06/2022 at 04:02, Six97s said:

Depending on how nit-picky you are, there are a couple of potential problems with that:  the Revell kit is a basic Custom 300, which wasn't offered as a convertible.  Also, being a sedan, it has a higher roofline and a taller windscreen than the Fairlane 500 hardtops and convertibles.  There are also some issues with the Revell body around the wheel arches where the old AMT '57 is more accurate...  All things considered, the venerable AMT '57 Fairlane would be a better starting point  for a convertible.

Nice build  OP.   I have a stock one in the stash (and three AMTs 😶), will get to them one day.

that's why I want to build it as a four door police car :)