Lovely build! I'm never able to make up my mind whether I think the YF23 is pretty or ugly, Seems to depend on the angle... but it's always eyecatching! It's distinctive and in comparison the F22 just looks plain.

The engine bumps on the upper fuselage combined with the long nose and generally elongated fuselage always remind me of the Firefox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For lack of a better way to explain myself, the kit wings have what I'll call large dimples on the upper surface. They're very pronounced and very inaccurate. What did you do to eliminate those? There's no sign of them on your completed model and the area where they would be looks excellent now.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SAT69 said:

For lack of a better way to explain myself, the kit wings have what I'll call large dimples on the upper surface. They're very pronounced and very inaccurate. What did you do to eliminate those? There's no sign of them on your completed model and the area where they would be looks excellent now.

I dont quite understand what you mean?Do you mean the pinmarks?

2 hours ago, dragan_mig31 said:

I dont quite understand what you mean?Do you mean the pinmarks?

There were two large indented (caved in) areas outboard of the forward end of the humps that house the engines (my previous description was too vague). They're not present on the real airplanes. It appeared they'd have to be filled in with putty or epoxy so that the upper surface of the affected area would be smooth. I hope that makes more sense.