LS Ki-67 Peggy 1/72

Greetings Folks,

May I present you my latest built Microace Ki-67 Peggy 1/72 (LS molding) The kit is a bit dated but was truly fun to build? The two most challenging parts were masking the glass panels and trying to match the color. The masking took me a whole day, it was a lot of work for a few minutes of painting. For the paint, I did lots of trial and errors, first I thought I should go for the green but some I see brownish olive. So I settled for the brownish olive if incorrect my apologies. The kit was over-engineered for its time for sure, and in some places it was tricky but the fit was awesome. I will keep it short so, here it is

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thank you for watching, cheers.

• Like 43

Congratulations I have the same kit which I just looked up on scalemates is actually from 1966, and that was apparently a rebox !

The pictures on the kits boxes over the years seem to be all different colours so yours is definitely not only the right colour but has really shown how well this kit turns out.

Ladies and gentlemen this one needs dragging from the stash and following @tomthounaojam excellent example 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

That's a very nice build of an interesting combat plane. I like the olive-brown colour you used (looks spot-on) and your treatment of the green houses. Very well done!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WhiskySierraKilo said:

I like it !

Thank you, Mate

18 hours ago, Natter said:

That's something you don't see very often.  Very nice.

Indeed, Japanese aircraft other than Zero or Ki-43 are hard to see. Thanks

16 hours ago, swralph said:

Lovely build tom.😀

Thanks, Mate

16 hours ago, Mig88 said:

I think it came out superbly!!

Miguel

Thank you Miguel for the kind words.

16 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Well done.  Your patience with the masking paid handsome rewards.  The weathering is equally superb. :goodjob:

Mike

Masking was really hard some of the glazing didn't had proper lines I guess the mould must have been worn out? Thanks for the kind words

16 hours ago, Homer said:

Very nice work 👏 

Thank you

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Congratulations I have the same kit which I just looked up on scalemates is actually from 1966, and that was apparently a rebox !

The pictures on the kits boxes over the years seem to be all different colours so yours is definitely not only the right colour but has really shown how well this kit turns out.

Ladies and gentlemen this one needs dragging from the stash and following @tomthounaojam excellent example 

Cheers Pat 

@JOCKNEY Thank you Pat, it is from 1966 that is the first thing I notice when i open the box. Darn!!! it is as old as my father. True, the colors seem to varied with time and there is hardly any reference image of the aircraft in color and none survived the post war? I tried the interweb but can't seem to find a one. The color, I was little apprehensive when I uploaded here, but will all the positive feedback am really happy about it. Thank you for the kind feedback, really appreciate it. Cheers

12 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Beautifully done.  However, the kit is 1/75.  I knew that the original release was, but was caught out by a re-release in the 80/90s which I assumed was a new kit.

Learned something new, 1/75 scale. Thank you Graham, appreciarte the kind words.

10 hours ago, Toryu said:

That's a very nice build of an interesting combat plane. I like the olive-brown colour you used (looks spot-on) and your treatment of the green houses. Very well done!

Thank you @Toryu the green house was a daunting task, glad it is over now hehe. Cheers mate.

9 hours ago, JWM said:

Very nice indeed!

Mine was done some 45 years ago, still stay o shelf :)

Regards

J-W

Thanks you JWM, wow that is long time ago. I hope mine last that long too

9 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Something a bit different and a very nice piece of work. 

Thanks, Mate.

7 hours ago, S. Uehlinger said:

Fantastic!  I think the Color is Right On!   I have had a desire for this kit for some time.....You have rekindled my interest!  Excellent Work!

Thank you, Mate you should build a one as it is a nice kit for it age and it will look nice with your other collections, cheers!!!!

3 hours ago, MDriskill said:

Nice job on a classic kit! To my eye, you nailed the camo color.

Thank you, appreciate for the kind words. Cheers!!!

1 hour ago, Wulfman said:

Great job on the ancient kit, I did the solid nose “fighter version” many years ago !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman. I will try to build the solid nose in future too, kind of like the way the aircraft look. Cheers!!!

• Like 1

I confess in my ignorance of Japanese aircraft I opened this thread to remind myself what the Ki-67 looked like- but now I'm here it's a very impressive model. Again not my area but the olive shade looks 'right' to my eyes :)

14 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Thanks you JWM, wow that is long time ago. I hope mine last that long too

If anybody interesting it is here

Really , from seventieths... :)

Regads

J-W