Tempest!!!!!

Nice one, the Tempest sure is a very powerful aircraft and your build does capture that, I'm currently building the old PCM 1/32 scale Tempest and have the SH kit to build in the future so you could say that I am a fan of the Tempest.

I looked at the Barracuda nose correction but passed on it as I have heard of miss molded examples before and did not fancy chopping up the kit as I am only building to please myself.

Cheers

Den

• Thanks 1

Superb finish Bill and interesting to hear about the Barracuda nose issues. I have the SH version with the Barra nose in the stash but I do think it improves the look so will have to see what dramas my one holds! 

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 31/01/2021 at 9:58 AM, Ghostbase said:

Very impressive build! I have that kit in the stash and have been meaning to get it started but also a little bit nervous about it, this build is definitely motivational 👍

Michael

Thanks much.  The kit goes together well but be sure to check the fuselage width at the wing roots when you finish the cockpit.  I ( and I believe others) end up with a too wide fuselage  creating a bit of anhedral on the inner wings, like a Corsair but not as much of course.  There are a few other things to watch for.  Please feel free to check out my WIP , the link is at the beginning of this article.  Look forward to  seeing yours. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Lovely! 

The Tempest should be almost as celebrated as the Spitfire but it barely registers now in the public consciousness.   

Was searching for a Spitfire vs Tempest thread here, must be one somewhere!

Edited by alanbeeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely , smart build Bill , it does you credit . I built one when SH first released the kit , but every time I looked at it that oversized intake

and spinner seemed to get bigger , so it was scrapped and another one built when Revell re popped it , with the Barracuda front end ,

much better . And yes the front rad . panel did take some filing to get it to fit , the rear one not as much .

Don .

• Thanks 1