40K Rhino, from paper.

Hello chums, I have been a life-long modeller, mostly in plastic, but for the past 11 years I have concentrated all of my builds in paper. Since changing to this medium, a whole world of subjects have opened up and I am at the stage where I will build just about anything, aircraft, ships, afv's, figures, real-space and sci-fi.

So, on to my newest post. I have no idea what the chapter is, but this is one of the Rhino APC's. This is one of Patoroch's kits, in 1/60th scale and is freely available for download. What got me on to this? They are all free! Have you seen the price of Warhammer kits? Shocking!

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is totally from paper. Card structure, skin from printed templates, paper tubes, paper rivets.

spacer.png

I had loads of fun with this build and had to have a go at making a Space Marine to go with it. From paper of course.

spacer.png

• Like 17

I have always wanted to try paper kits ,after seeing a beautiful warship on a tv show .

You certainly prove the point you don't need to spend a fortune, to achieve a nice kit.A very well done 👏

That's a brilliant job.

The chapter are Raven Guard, sneaky types a bit like modern SF, rather than the usual techno Romans, sci fi Vikings and the like...

You're not kidding about the price. Most of my RG were even worse- they're a bit niche, so I have far too much Forge World resin in my cabinet and stash. Card is definitely the way to go! :D