1/144(Preferably) A330 Kits

DeepSea

Hi all,

Youngest has expressed an interest in making an A330 - kits wise I can't seem to find much available.

I know there's a Revell one in 1/144 but it seems to be OOP - is that now dead or are they re-issued periodically?

Anything else I can look for?

Cheers

David

Hi. 

Think the revell one is the only mass produced option. It was re released the other year in a Thai livery so it does come and go. You may find one on eBay however they seem to go for stupid money. Far more then there worth. Other options are kingkit or someone one here may have one. 

Edit: just looked and there is currently one on kingkit. However it's £59.99 which for me would be far to much to pay for this kit. 

Cheers 

Edited by feoffee2
  • Thanks 1

Another option to look for is the Revell A340 kit which I believe has been issued/re-issued more times than the A330. Unfortunately current availability appears to be the same for both - zilch.

Both kits contain the same fuselage & wings (to produce the -300 version of either type) although you may need new engines if you go this conversion route.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/263645-converting-revells-a340-to-an-a330/

Good luck for the hunt.

• Thanks 1

Revell A330s turn up periodically on eBay but @feoffee2 is right about the silly prices which are usually asked. It probably will be reissued at some point but when is in the lap of the Revell gods. They have just decided to reissue the Boeing 767 which last appeared in 2003.

The only alternative is the Authentic Airliners resin kit which is expensive, heavy and currently out of stock unless you want the -200 series. There is also the problem that Authentic Airliners have imposed a minimum value of €155 on sales to the UK because of recent VAT changes.

Sorry to disagree with @Circloy but the Revell A340 is rarer than the A330. The A340 last appeared in 2007 (Austrian Wiener Philhamoniker livery) while the A330 was issued in Thai livery in 2013. If you do happen to find an A340 you can certainly build an A330 by adding after-market engines and omitting the central undercarriage but you have a better chance of getting hold of an A330.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

If you can get the Revell LTU A330 has both types of engines included.  The A330 kits go for mad money on evil bay but sometimes you can pick up one cheaply. 

The Authentic Airliners resin  one is very expensive for the amount of parts but most experts swear by it. You have to take into account that despite the very high price no decals are included so depending on what your prepared to pay you take your choice. 

If its a Shamrock jet he wants to do you can get a decal sheet  from Draw Decals for the new scheme or older liveries unlimited sheet for the old scheme it appears from time to time on ebay.   Revell also boxed their A330 with Aer Lingus decals. 

regards

Eamonn 

On 30/01/2021 at 01:20, DeepSea said:

Thanks all - best get praying to the revell god's then 🙄

Hi,

If there is still interest in an A330 kit,I could offer you one from my stash.

Its complete with Thai markings,just the wing halves have been glued together.The rst is untouched.

No more Thai Airways boxing though.

If interested PM me for details.I will then check also the shipping costs from Switzerland to Ireland,as I have no idea of the postal charges for large boxes.

Alex

• Thanks 1