What/where's the best place to get one off 3D prints?

Fletch0311

Hey All

Apologies if this shouldn't be here but I'm losing the plot slightly. I do not have a 3D printer, nor know much about the process but I am looking for a 1/25th Scale (75mm tall) Affleck style BVS Batman figure (ideally in a sitting position but not essential as I can sort with some jiggery-pokery). I have the batmobile and batwing from the BVS film that both do not come with any figures. 

I've searched for after-market model figures, hoping for a resin version and the nearest I can find is on Shapeways that have a seller who can do a standing figure, but now with the import tax situation as it is I'm not keen on ordering one or two and paying 3 or 4 times the price to import.

Can someone recommend a UK based company that might be able to help with a Shapeways kind of service? I don't have any printer files for this.....like I said I know little to nothing about 3D printing.

I'm surprised there aren't more options for this scale model figures there seeing as Batman is quite popular.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone 

If you can persuade the shapeways file owner to sell you the stl file, you could contact a print farm. I used these guys before I got my first printer:

https://midlands3d.com/

You upload your file, pay your money and they send your parts in the post. 

I wouldn't know how to design Batman I'm afraid - I believe you need the kind of software Pixar uses to make Buzz Lightyear, as opposed to the parametric tools I use to make aeroplanes.

1 hour ago, Bangseat said:

If you can persuade the shapeways file owner to sell you the stl file, you could contact a print farm. I used these guys before I got my first printer:

https://midlands3d.com/

You upload your file, pay your money and they send your parts in the post. 

I wouldn't know how to design Batman I'm afraid - I believe you need the kind of software Pixar uses to make Buzz Lightyear, as opposed to the parametric tools I use to make aeroplanes.

Thank you, that's great advice. I'll check them out.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:32 PM, Fletch0311 said:

Thank you, that's great advice. I'll check them out.

I was about to ask the very same question then I saw this post. I'll check them out too. Let me know how you get on.

9 hours ago, galaxyg said:

I was about to ask the very same question then I saw this post. I'll check them out too. Let me know how you get on.

Will do. 

I'm struggling to find a decent Batman STL file but the batmobile kit isn't next on my project list so I may have to put it aside for the time being.

Hope you have some joy. Also let me know how you get on finding what you need.

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...