Das Werk 1/35 Rutscher

Andy J

17 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Blimey, it’s looking very close to finish mate, the cam has turned out well and it’s looking sharp Andy :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan still a bit of fettling required but not much left now though the tracks look like they could be troublesome 🤔

• Like 1

So today's update and not much time at the bench today but the wheels are in place and I've given certain areas a wash to try and bring out some of the few details that exist. Gloss coat has been applied so decals, tracks and further weathering should see this one finished. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So that's where I stand atm and considering the size of the tank I'm happy with the results so far. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Good job 👍

Strange but beautiful thing, the German design was super

Vytautas

I agree Vytautas quite a cool looking mini tank i think 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

I agree Vytautas quite a cool looking mini tank i think 🙂👍

In my opinion, all the German tanks were cool in terms of design. Sure, a few were really disgusting, but there were two or three of them

Vytautas

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vytautas said:

In my opinion, all the German tanks were cool in terms of design. Sure, a few were really disgusting, but there were two or three of them

Vytautas

I like all German armour regardless of what they look like and especially some of the camo scheme's 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Are we still talking about Andy??🤔🤫😉

Indeed we are....Perfectly Enginered....yep sounds about right 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

Doing a smashing job mate, really tidy build!

No one would have imagined you'd only been modelling a matter of months!

Thanks Darryl I've taken your advice with this one regarding the order in which I'm applying the different techniques and I have to say the difference, at least to me, is considerable. This is probably my best paint job to date imo helped by using a couple of different products ie the real colors paint and mrp gloss coat and a filter over the top of the camo scheme. This is another test mule I suppose but I don't want to spend to much time fannying about with it as I've got other projects in mind 😉👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andy J said:

I've got other projects in mind

Do tell the suspense is killing!

Really like the way this one has turned out

Stay safe        Roger

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Do tell the suspense is killing!

Really like the way this one has turned out

Stay safe        Roger

Thanks Roger I've still got a bit of work left on this kit but I'm really happy with the way the camo scheme has turned out so I'm thinking about the kit below using the same techniques 🙂

spacer.png

What do you think 🤔 

• Like 8

Oh and if the figure shown on the box art is included in the kit then I will have a go at painting Fritz and dropping him in the hatch a first for me but I've got to start somewhere 🙂👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Roger I've still got a bit of work left on this kit but I'm really happy with the way the camo scheme has turned out so I'm thinking about the kit below using the same techniques 🙂

spacer.png

What do you think 🤔 

Looks good to me, looking forward to seeing it come together

Stay safe           Roger

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

Oh and if the figure shown on the box art is included in the kit then I will have a go at painting Fritz and dropping him in the hatch a first for me but I've got to start somewhere 🙂👍

Sorry to disappoint you, but there's no figure in this kit.

I have built it long time ago. It's a decent kit, tough not in the same level as the later Dragon Pz.IV chassis based kits, but it builds into a nice model. 

Edited by vaoinas
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but there's no figure in this kit.

I have built it long time ago. It's a decent kit, tough not in the same level as the later Dragon Pz.IV chassis based kits, but it builds into a nice model. 

Thanks for the information much appreciated 👍 

So after a lot of cursing and swearing 🤬 the ridiculously difficult tiny tracks are in place. They are far from perfect mainly due to the wheels being out of line due to the kit being pretty pants but they will have to do. This tank was linked with the recycling bin on a couple of occasions but I think it looks decent enough to be saved. Decals and further weathering to be applied hopefully tomorrow I'm interested to see exactly what this tank will look like when finally finished. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So that's where this build stands atm not much left now 🤔. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

It looks absolutely fabulous Andy, everything looks nice and neat with lovely paintwork, it looks a cracking little tank...👍

Ed

Thanks Ed just some tidying up to do now regarding the wheels etc and some subtle weathering here and there plus I've just noticed the tiny antenna is missing but that's no big issue 🙂👍

• Like 1

That looks great Andy (yeh I'm still in the land of the living, so far!)

I think you should put it on a simple base - picture frame with some wet and dry painted a concrete colour maybe, tank abandoned in the factory - with a couple of our infantry looking at it and thinking 'you wouldn't get me in one of those'...!!

I'm no figure expert, and they may not be as good as uber-expensive resin figures, but I think Tamiya ones are OK, especially to practice painting on;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-1-35-scale-British-Infantry-on-Patrol/302830138611?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20201210111314%26meid%3D5288fabc6be545c3bad22ba4fa3890c8%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D184574786766%26itm%3D302830138611%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithDarwoV3BBEV2b%26brand%3DTamiya&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851

5 figures for a tenner? Can't be bad - go on, you know you want to...!!

keith

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That looks great Andy (yeh I'm still in the land of the living, so far!)

I think you should put it on a simple base - picture frame with some wet and dry painted a concrete colour maybe, tank abandoned in the factory - with a couple of our infantry looking at it and thinking 'you wouldn't get me in one of those'...!!

I'm no figure expert, and they may not be as good as uber-expensive resin figures, but I think Tamiya ones are OK, especially to practice painting on;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-1-35-scale-British-Infantry-on-Patrol/302830138611?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20201210111314%26meid%3D5288fabc6be545c3bad22ba4fa3890c8%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D184574786766%26itm%3D302830138611%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithDarwoV3BBEV2b%26brand%3DTamiya&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851

5 figures for a tenner? Can't be bad - go on, you know you want to...!!

keith

I'm glad you're well mate and you sure know how to get me thinking that's for sure 🤔. Your idea is very interesting Keith and one I may well pursue in the future as this tank standing alone would look quite odd methinks 😉👍

• Like 1

Just now, Andy J said:

and one I may well pursue in the future

That's the thing - as you've done a great job on the tank, the 'diorama' can be a side project or something to do as a break from painting or weathering something else. I spent the afternoon doing more work with oils on the Jagdpanther - I'm leaving those to dry properly now, so have been putting some base acrylic coats on the commander figure - I'll get it finished one day (my trouble is tomorrow it'll probably be a car I'm working on, and Tuesday an aeroplane - all being well !!)

K

• Like 2