Kitty Hawk FJ-2 Fury 1/48

Finished! Model has a mix of Eduard and Hypersonic cockpit details, Hypersonic intake and catapult hook + my additions of barrier guard, barrier engagement pole, windshield wiper, wing stays and backdated rudder and elevator surfaces. Windshield was also reduced in rake by approximately 5 degrees and the nose leg extended. Decals are based on Caracal but with a few additions/modifications.

RFI here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235086147-fury-two-kitty-hawk-fj-2/

zzz (1)

zzz (2)

zzz (3)

zzz (4)

zzz (5)

zzz (6)

zzz (7)

zzz (8)

zzz (9)

zzz (10)

zzz (11)

zzz (12)

zzz (13)

zzz (14)

zzz (15)

zzz (16)

zzz (17)

zzz (18)

zzz (19)

zzz (20)

• Like 47

That's a REAL beauty :thumbsup:.  I have been looking forward to this kit & followed your WIP but I must say I was surprised & disappointed by some of the mods/corrections you had to it.  I'll still buy it but couldn't possibly attempt many of the improvements so I'll end up with an imperfect representation but will probably be happy enough! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Graham T said:

That's a REAL beauty :thumbsup:.  I have been looking forward to this kit & followed your WIP but I must say I was surprised & disappointed by some of the mods/corrections you had to it.  I'll still buy it but couldn't possibly attempt many of the improvements so I'll end up with an imperfect representation but will probably be happy enough! 

@Graham T - I'd say it's still a nice kit and most people won't notice its relatively minor shortcomings. It's good that there are some cracking aftermarket parts too, so you have a good few options if you want more than 'just' out-of-the-box. I have an FJ-3 on order and I can't wait!

• Like 1