Upcoming Kinetic Kits

Scimitar F1

Just now, Scimitar F1 said:

The lack of response probably answers my question.

Might also be the odd location. :hmmm: Raymond et al are probably interested in more than the Cold War, I should think.   I'll move it to the Rumourmonger and see if it has any more luck. :shrug:

• Thanks 1

Mirage F1 is definitely expected...probably more Kfir/ Cheetah/Mirage III derivatives as well ! 

The French connection slowly gets done it seems... but maybe an early Dassault jet is still possible... :)

or even better, an Alizee?

apart, a Skyhawk or even Crusader would somehow fit their release schedule as well... :)

Or a complete F-16 retool in shape, fit and ....

at least those are my 48th expectations :)

Alternatively I'd want a PC-7/9.... :D

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Cancelled. 

Still happening according to them, from 2 weeks ago:

"yes we spend years of effort in it. We hold the project at the moment as we evaluate the major market is in US but we are very weak in US distribution, so we are working hard to re establish our network in US by our own subsidiary Kinetic North America - to enforce the network before we putting a step into it"

• Like 4

I wish for an Ouragan or Vautour. Both used by Israel so likely attractive to the US market, and the French AF has a faithful following too. In 48th as 72 have options already. If they release a good Banshee that would work I think the KH kit is awful (other opinions are available). We shall see.

• Like 4

Can we not make this into not another wishlist please?  We're in the Rumourmonger section, not the "Wild Speculation & wishlist" section, so keep it to subjects that you've heard they are/were doing.  Thank you :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

everseller > esoteric >everseller > esoteric > everseller and so on........

Problem: nearly all attractive eversellers are doubled, tripeled and quadrupled like Tomcats and Phantoms while demanded esoteric subjects are seemingly endless.

15 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

I wish for an Ouragan or Vautour. Both used by Israel so likely attractive to the US market, and the French AF has a faithful following too. In 48th as 72 have options already. If they release a good Banshee that would work I think the KH kit is awful (other opinions are available). We shall see.

The KH Banshee WITH the Rieth Creations resin intake set corrects most of what is wrong with the kit. The nose gear is a little issue, I wish he would have corrected that as well. It is hidden pretty much in the well and by the doors. Go to his website to see what his set does, riethcreations.com. 

• Thanks 1

Is there a dramatic difference between an AV8A and AV8B? would the latter be worth a pop? Maybe a Kestral ? Have 2 of each of all the 1/48 Kinetic Harriers now, would go for those for sure.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, One 48 said:

Is there a dramatic difference between an AV8A and AV8B? would the latter be worth a pop? Maybe a Kestral ? Have 2 of each of all the 1/48 Kinetic Harriers now, would go for those for sure.

Would be a totally new kit, as would a Kestrel, as would be a P.1127.

(I'd like to see the the steps prior to the Harrier done well in 1/72 but it's hard to see a profitable volume of sales coming out of it. Premier League famous experimental types like the Bell X-1 or X-15 are a different matter)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IT_Man said:

"yes we spend years of effort in it. We hold the project at the moment as we evaluate the major market is in US but we are very weak in US distribution, so we are working hard to re establish our network in US by our own subsidiary Kinetic North America - to enforce the network before we putting a step into it"

The 1:1 C-17 Globemaster III has a more widespread distribution than many other US types, besides the USA it also flies with the markings of Australia, Canada, the UK, NATO/Hungary, India and a couple of Arab states.

So Kinetic should be able to sell it in more countries than just the US just by adding some extra markings.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Interesting... a company that evaluate markets and work to establish a good distribution before fully committing to a product... strange, judging from some comments in the various discusssions forums I thought it was just a matter of offering a kit of subject xyz that noone had done before and commercial success would have been guaranteed... 🤣🤣🤣

Jokes apart, Kinetik is one of the brands that I've seen doing a very good job in the last few years and Raymond sure knows how things should be done. My only problem with them is that I build mainly in 1/72 scale... I still have several of their kits but not as many I'd have bought in 1/72. Said that, I fully understand their choice of focusing on 1/48

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

Mirage F1 is definitely expected...probably more Kfir/ Cheetah/Mirage III derivatives as well ! 

I've been waiting patiently since 2018 for the Cheetah 😇

Kinetic's quality has improved a lot since the Mirage family was first released and I wonder if the Cheetah has been shelved until the Mirage it'll be based on is improved and brought up to current Kinetic standards. Whatever the case is, I hope it comes soon! 

• Like 1