Focke-Wulf Fw 189 A/2 "Die Eule" GWH kit 1/48

Hi everyone

Meet the little "owl" from Great Wall Hobby ready to take flight: " owl poster":

spacer.png

the kit is in 1/48 scale proposed several years ago and concerns the short range reconnaissance Fw 189 A/2 one of the best devices used in WWII in this role:

the version: Fw 189 A/2 ( werk Nr.2317,5D +CH) Russia 1943 (winter cam)

spacer.png

the aftermarkets:

spacer.png

some shots stolen from the wip:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the ultimate gallery :

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the contextualization:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

for more info & pics: http://www.adventurephotomodels.com

Thanks for your attention and for your time

George

• Like 59
  • Thanks 2

Extremely nice work George and great photo work as well! :clap2:  I especially liked those pics taken from the rear with the bare trees behind; very atmospheric, and quite realistic at the same time.   Great job!  :worthy:

I would also like to compliment your website Georgio; it's very classy and features some beautiful work sir!

Edited by Gary Brantley

Hi George,

I can only agree. That’s really outstanding work. And you have the extremely nice talent to put in a perfect setting. Your photography is extremely nice. One can feel the cold atmosphere of these day’s. No sugar lap for man and machine. I especially appreciate your photography. That’s what I like. A model presented on the kitchentable, or workbench spoiled everything . But that’s my personal meaning.

Cheers 

Andy 

• Like 1

A thoroughly impressive exercise, this one!

Fabulous detailing and an artistic finish make for a very convincing model and diorama.

Almost…

If the intent is an impression of realism, that heavy, dark shading of the fabric covered control surfaces is just plain wrong.

Anyone who has seen a flying machine with doped linen surfaces close up, knows that the skinning is drum head tight – no impression of sag, even if you're standing next to it.

But the general modelling is awesome!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Your work is where i hope i can be some day...  i love that darama and backdrop...  super impressive!

I have this kit in the stash and great to see it builds so nice...  wonderful aircraft art!