Hasegawa 1/72nd Mosquito FB.VI AND PR.40,..... RAAF **FINISHED**

6 hours ago, tonyot said:

6 stack exhausts for the outer pair of exhausts on the PR.40,..... the latter being a feature of Aussie built aircraft

Were the inner exhausts different to the outers on the PR.40?

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 8:15 AM, 2996 Victor said:

Were the inner exhausts different to the outers on the PR.40?

Well there were different numbers yes mate. 6 outboard,.... 5 inboard. Check out photos on this thread and on line. 

8 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Tony

Very good job on these 2 Mossies ..

Cheers

Patrice

Thanks Patrice,.... nearly there with the 2nd one now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got those exhausts done for the PR.40,..... SIX stacks outboard and five stacks inboard,....... I used a few sets of left over Eduard Spitfire exhausts,..... cut down to fit and with one stack removed for the inboard sets;

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

So almost done now,.... canopy, wing tip lights and bosh! 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 7

Hiya Folks,...... well after a bit of work on the canopy, the PR.40 is one is now finished!! As the Hasegawa kit has all of the canopy frame lines moulded onto the outside,.... even those which are actually on the inside only,..... I sanded the canopy and re polished it,.... adding the frame lines on the interior using Interior Grey Green,..... these are far from perfect but I`ve decided to call it done as I was going cross eyed!!

DSCF0113-NEW.jpg

DSCF0115-NEW.jpg

DSCF0116-NEW.jpg

DSCF0117-NEW.jpg

DSCF0118-NEW.jpg

DSCF0119-NEW.jpg

DSCF0120-NEW.jpg

DSCF0121-NEW.jpg

DSCF0123-NEW.jpg

And here are both Mossies together,..... I`d like to thank my friend Peter Malone for his help with these models;

DSCF0112-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 8

• tonyot changed the title to Hasegawa 1/72nd Mosquito FB.VI AND PR.40,..... RAAF **FINISHED**
6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

These two Aussie Mossies are brilliant Tony and apologies for only noticing them now at the finish line. 
Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,..... even I`m finding it hard to remember where I`m up to,...... so I don`t expect anybody else to be able to! Glad you like them bud..... cheers.

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Tony

Very nice looking pair of Aussie Mossies ..

Cheers

Patrice

Thanks Patrice..... glad you like them mate.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 6:09 AM, tonyot said:

Well I finally got those exhausts done for the PR.40,..... SIX stacks outboard and five stacks inboard,....... I used a few sets of left over Eduard Spitfire exhausts,..... cut down to fit and with one stack removed for the inboard sets;

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

So almost done now,.... canopy, wing tip lights and bosh! 

Cheers

Tony

G'Day Tony - I too am contemplating a start on my PR.40.  I also have the freightdog drop tanks.  2 Queries:  Firstly can you recall the Eduard Spitfire Mk exhausts you've used?  Secondly, I have a good shot of the nose camera setup on A52-6 however wonder if anybody has a sketch/plan of the layout.  Comments appreciated Alistair.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

G'Day Tony - I too am contemplating a start on my PR.40.  I also have the freightdog drop tanks.  2 Queries:  Firstly can you recall the Eduard Spitfire Mk exhausts you've used?  Secondly, I have a good shot of the nose camera setup on A52-6 however wonder if anybody has a sketch/plan of the layout.  Comments appreciated Alistair.

Hiya Alistair,

I`ve built a few more models since these,..... have you had a look at this WIP ? I discuss the exhausts above... they were a set from the spares box as I`ve built quite a few Eduard Spit`s,..... they were the rounded post war style,.......rather than the wartime style also provided. There are also some of the reference photos that I was sent by a friend,... I`m not aware of any plans,..... sorry..

Cheers mate

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Thanks Tony - yes, I've been a 'deep thinker' and had a good look at the WIP, Your build inspired me to do the PR.40 however I was focussed on finishing a Beaufort VIII which I'd fallen in love with.  "Rounded Post War" was exactly the phrase I needed - was going cross eyed trying to find after market that looked just right.  Clearly, I need to build many more Spitfires......

I've opted for a pair of SBS #72011 exhausts which look right I think.  I'm doing A52-6 which should be close to identical.... 

Appreciate your assistance!  

Alistair