SAMI/MAM/ and SMMi update on missing issues and future publication dates.

WarthogMKL

THATS ALL FOLKS

I am now back at work in all 3 of my jobs so back to 40-50 hour weeks (And that is after semi retiring I used to do 90) .

So I have very little spare time, I will carry on helping anyone with missing issues of all 3 titles up to the April issues this week.

From Monday 19th of April  you will need to contact [email protected] or phone into the office on 01234-331431.

The last plan I heard was to bring the operation back in house hopefully from May issue and use regular Royal Mail, which is the  system I have used to send all the magazines from Emails sent to me and the internet orders for the last two weeks with 0 losses. So hopefully there will be no further need for me to step in again.

I stress I am still working as a freelance Editor for MA, it is just a time issue and the fact that I really want have downtime to work on the Tamiya F-4 Phantom I have on the bench and a big F-16 project for Telford.

• Thanks 5

I'm now missing issues from November 2020 onwards.

I had emailed and was assured by Mark that the missing issues would be sent out on the Tuesday following the Easter Weekend.

I have still not received them or a reply to an email sent 9 days ago asking what is happening.

To be honest I'm not very happy, it's looking likely I'll have to contact the card I paid on and request a refund.

A huge thanks to David for sorting this issue out for me.

Edited by Mariner1961
Update

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dwh said:

May issues of SAMI and MAM in WH Smiths today

A

The printers send them to us at the same time as to the retail distributor so they arrived with both yesterday And subscribers were collected by Royal Mail normal service today so should start hitting the mat on Saturday/Tuesday (Bank holiday Monday).

All internet orders are also up to date,  anyone who placed an order up to midnight last night were also dropped off this morning. 

All being sent by system that I have used to sort problems over last 3 weeks.

DF

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Hi,

Contacted Mark and he said the May MAM should be with me this week, so hope everyone's will arrive too,

Cheers,

Rodders.

This was the first time they sent from the office in over 5 years and no one there had done it before. Meaning they had a SNAFU moment and are having to do the whole lot again.

The good or bad news is that I may be being involved with the June send to ensure it is done correctly. As I said right at the start if want a job doing get the modeller involved just hope my day job shifts let me do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

The good or bad news

Well it's good news if you can sort out the problem as I haven't yet had a reply from Mark Wily about my colleague's situation. He is owed about eight magazines from his subscription. and there has been no reply to three emails. It's looking like it's not a good investment to get a subscription.

3 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

Well it's good news if you can sort out the problem as I haven't yet had a reply from Mark Wily about my colleague's situation. He is owed about eight magazines from his subscription. and there has been no reply to three emails. It's looking like it's not a good investment to get a subscription.

I got the email you sent copied to me and Mark at 10.57PM this evening. We are not a 24 hour operation so I doubt Mark will reply to this till the morning, It is now 2AM and I am only awake as I am on nights for the Ambulance service. .

D

I still haven't managed to get any copies of SAMI. Missing December 2020, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May 2021. Have emailed Mark and any other email addresses I could find and not getting any reply.

2 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

You have not sent an email to me ?

Can you forward me ALL your sent emails to

[email protected].

But I am on holiday from Monday so do it quick or you will have a week delay.

D

In fact ignore that.

I have just checked and a shipping instruction was issued at 06.48 AM Saturday

It was sent yesterday as 09.26 AM by Royal Mail so quoted delivery time up to 28 days. 

D

Edited by WarthogMKL

I've just discovered that I'm in the same boat missing SAMI and AM from November and December last year respectively to the present.

I've just sent an email to Mark as advised so I'll let you know how I get on.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the June issues yet?

Went back to collecting reserved copies from my local newsagent after a three month sub to cover the Covid gap.      They got the May issues no problem but no sign of June and just wondering if they are out yet or if the local John Menzies Distribution depot have struck yet again.      They tend to drop random titles on all sorts of subjects now and again claiming that they do not exist or they do not get published monthly  or that my newsagent has never stocked them despite usually having already charged them to his account.

They are not on the website as being available as yet - I would normally check there first to see if on sale, then check the local W H Smiths, however, have been away over the Bank Hol, so checked the smiths where I was first this time round instead.

• Thanks 1

No sign of them at local W H Smith, checked website as you say not showing the June issue.

one interesting thing though; there are some copies of May's issue left at my local Tesco (Kidderminster) and they have a free " Building the FW190" bundled with it!

• Thanks 1