SAMI/MAM/ and SMMi update on missing issues and future publication dates.

WarthogMKL

41 minutes ago, SeventySecond said:

Hi Rodders

If it is any help I am a SAMI subscriber and I am still waiting for the Jan, Feb and March issues as well.

The last e-mail communication I had with MA was on 19th March when I was informed that Jan issue was with distributers on 12 March and Feb issue on 16th March (I was not given any information about the March issue).  I was also informed that the bulk distributer quotes 3-7 working days for delivery. Based on this information there does still seem to be a problem with delivery to subscribers by the bulk mail supplier they are using as it is now 10 working days since the Jan issue was with them and 7 days for the Feb issue.

I plan to try and get an update from MA on Monday. I understand they have staff copies in the subscriber bulk mail pack so they know when they should have landed on subscribers doormats, so hopefully they will know if these have come through yet.

I will update if I get an answer.

Seventysecond

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Kind of you to help,

Cheers,

Rodders.

Hi

I took out a 6 month subscription in February for both magazines to commence from the January issues. Mid March I got a package with Dec, Jan and Feb issues. So far no sign of the March or April issues so I was surprised to see the April issues of both magazines available to purchase in my local newsagent. Maybe they will arrive next week.

John

5 hours ago, SeventySecond said:

Hi Rodders

If it is any help I am a SAMI subscriber and I am still waiting for the Jan, Feb and March issues as well.

The last e-mail communication I had with MA was on 19th March when I was informed that Jan issue was with distributers on 12 March and Feb issue on 16th March (I was not given any information about the March issue).  I was also informed that the bulk distributer quotes 3-7 working days for delivery. Based on this information there does still seem to be a problem with delivery to subscribers by the bulk mail supplier they are using as it is now 10 working days since the Jan issue was with them and 7 days for the Feb issue.

I plan to try and get an update from MA on Monday. I understand they have staff copies in the subscriber bulk mail pack so they know when they should have landed on subscribers doormats, so hopefully they will know if these have come through yet.

I will update if I get an answer.

Seventysecond

"But we have  5 months worth of magazines worth over twenty thousands in the post to subscribers between the 12th and 25th March posted from a different location we really want to see them landing on mass soon." = Jan to Apr issues  should have said 4 my bad. All 4 months went out over that period

Edited by WarthogMKL

As April issue is given to Royal Mail the same day as WHS and Menzie distribution, getting the magazines to subscribers before the shops is going to be a thing of the past as RM concentrate on small parcel deliverys rather than large letter mail. Same cost to do for them but far far less profit for them. Royal Mail Bulk current quoted delivery times are 3-14 days used to be 1-4 working days pre covid.

As I said in my previous post a few days ago there is a meeting on Tuesday and as always once I know anything I will pass it on.

And I am still waiting for my subscribers copies from Dec to Apr which are sent as a test to all of the editorial team and have reported that back so the publisher is well aware of the issue. 

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 2

Also wanted to add a clarification on my role

I am a freelance editor for the magazine anything posted here unless stated otherwise is my opinion based on information I have.

The Editors role is to quote "person who is in charge of and determines the final content of a newspaper, magazine, or multi-author book." so I have nothing to do with the subscription side of the company.

I do also look after the online ordering system since we closed the office so all work from home. That is a totally separate from subscription system and uses totally different and far more expensive postage system which is charged at cost using Royal Mail, My Hermes, DPD and UPS but is also far faster with 48 hour despatch on all orders. 

I do these roles on top of two other jobs and all three are part time as officially I am semi retired (In theory) as I gave up full time work a few years ago. During the COVID Pandemic one of these other jobs has expanded to nearly full time hours.

I started this thread while recovering from Covid but as I am now back in all 3 I have a lot less time and though I will answer enquiries through the forum and messages I will not be able to answer queries as fast as I have before so please try using the email [email protected] or phone 01234 331431 or wait for my updates which will be weekly unless something momentous happens.

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi 

Just to update as I said I would.

None of my subscription copies have arrived as yet and I have also not received a reply as yet to my query to MA asking if they have any further news on the bulk mailing. I did get slightly hopeful when I saw a magazine land on the mat but it was just the May issue of  Airfix Model World delivered early.

In the context of everything else going on at the moment I feel it is a minor irritation rather than a major issue, although I can understand others feeling differently. I also do have sympathy for MA having a second print run of magazines appearing to go AWOL again, so they no doubt want this resolved as much as we do. 

I will update if I get any new news.

KR

Seventysecond

1 hour ago, SeventySecond said:

Hi 

Just to update as I said I would.

None of my subscription copies have arrived as yet and I have also not received a reply as yet to my query to MA asking if they have any further news on the bulk mailing. I did get slightly hopeful when I saw a magazine land on the mat but it was just the May issue of  Airfix Model World delivered early.

In the context of everything else going on at the moment I feel it is a minor irritation rather than a major issue, although I can understand others feeling differently. I also do have sympathy for MA having a second print run of magazines appearing to go AWOL again, so they no doubt want this resolved as much as we do. 

I will update if I get any new news.

KR

Seventysecond

I need your details drop me a line on my work Email and I will pass it on.

D

Hi there,

Only just found this thread as I have not been monitoring forums for a while. I have not received December issue onward. I have contacted MA. Last email from them was 9-Mar with promise of replacement December issue and approx dates for Jan, Feb and Mar.

Sadly none of these arrived and my emails since remain un-answered.

Dan

13 minutes ago, WarthogMKL said:

Can you contact me on my work email with your details and I will have a look at system. As I have all the way through the the thread anyone with issues use [email protected] rather than post as I have to nee on a work computer to access. And now I am working I am on forum rarely.

D

Email sent.

Dan

Still waiting for my Jan,Feb,March 2021 issues of SAMI and MAM, despite calling office with a promise that they would be sent out, nothing has arrived,

Have sent email, will wait to see what happens,, this is now getting silly and very annoying.

So...I am not alone.  Except I didn't even get my December issue.  You would think that they could let us have the digital editions instead, wouldn't you?

Me too. I'm waiting for the Dec, Jan, Feb, March issues. I've been emailing them since Dec. The replies if I receive from Mark just say. I'll send replacement issues out. But they never arrive.  Nick

Edited by Niknak

8 hours ago, dwh said:

Still waiting for my Jan,Feb,March 2021 issues of SAMI and MAM, despite calling office with a promise that they would be sent out, nothing has arrived,

Have sent email, will wait to see what happens,, this is now getting silly and very annoying.

Did you read any of the post above? I have said repeatedly to contact me?

Guys and Gals  I really cannot make this much simpler you have my work email address on at least five posts on this thread. Most recent only  a couple of  posts above.

If you want it sorted contact me and I will do so as I have for so many, [email protected]

Lets make sure those at the back get this [email protected]

And I will stress I am a freelance editor working 3 jobs,  I am not paid to post on here or sort problems out

I do not work in the office, I do not answer the email that goes to the office

But I have aquired a stash of magazines so I can sort IPMS & Britmodeller Forum members who have not had the magazines that have been posted. 

But If you just  post on here do you think I am going get your name address and/or order numbers by some strange physic link by using your nickname?  I need the above to accurately search the subscription database on my home computer.

Edited by WarthogMKL

6 hours ago, FAA said:

So...I am not alone.  Except I didn't even get my December issue.  You would think that they could let us have the digital editions instead, wouldn't you?

No that is why I have been replacing magazines for customers over £10000 pounds worth of magazines are AWOL and we still have no idea of the scale of the problem just in the last week they have posted our over 450 (£2250) replacement magazines plus a second postage cost (Est£450)  which hopefully at some point they will get back.

Edited by WarthogMKL

Hello David,

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to you and Mark. I e-mailed Mark last week about my Jan/Feb and March issues of SAMI, and today they arrived safe and sound. I was unsure when my subscription ended (with the March issue), but I was delighted when I found that the April issue was included in the bundle too.

Thanks both once again, 

Ray

tHANKS 

1 minute ago, Ray S said:

Hello David,

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to you and Mark. I e-mailed Mark last week about my Jan/Feb and March issues of SAMI, and today they arrived safe and sound. I was unsure when my subscription ended (with the March issue), but I was delighted when I found that the April issue was included in the bundle too.

Thanks both once again, 

Ray

No problem , nice to be thanked.

Now anyone who has NOT contacted me or the office by mail post or carrier pigeon (The psychic link is still broken)  in the last week and are  missing any issue in the UK up to April  please do contact us now.

If you are in the EU or anywhere else NOT in the UK i am afraid you need to wait another two weeks as post is so delayed.

I am trialing a new postage system from this week which seems to be working as advertised and this may be used for all subs going forward  but a lot of work still to do to make it happen and only first of three batches sent on Tuesday have started to land so touch wood.

The record so far a November issue posted on 12th Feb has arrived in New Zealand this week the same day as his Jan and Feb replacements posted two weeks ago and long after reposted November December which landed 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

My January to April issues arrived today after I emailed David .  A big thank you @WarthogMKL for sorting this out and good luck with the new post trials.

I appreciate this is not your fault and really appreciate your efforts in resolving.

Thanks again 

Chris 

Same here.

• Like 1

Contacted David Friday afternoon about my copies and we discovered that it was a system rather than a post issue in my case which he quickly resolved and all of the subscription copies plus one or two more arrived this afternoon.     

Package was accepted by my beloved who from the weight jumped to all sorts of conclusions and accusations about my spending , easily dodged because that spending was months ago . . . . . .wait till the five railway books I have ordered arrive later in the week (temporary aberration m'lord won't happen again).

• Like 1