SAMI/MAM/ and SMMi update on missing issues and future publication dates.

WarthogMKL

2 minutes ago, WarthogMKL said:

I have said what caused the problem and since I had the time while off with Covid I started this thread to try and keep everyone in the loop as in my view communication could have been better.

Remember this is not in my job description as an editor and I have not been asked to do this by the publishers.

So to quote Oddball " Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning."  if you want too believe in conspiracies  and make things up go ahead bear in mind speculation like underlying issues could  damage a businesses by putting customers off ordering from us the same by not supporting al; magazines in shops. If magazines stay on the shelf retailers will  order less and in the long term you can say bye bye to paper titles on the shelf and more will move to online or electronic version only sales. 

Howwever I do have an apology to make in my last statement I said that Jan copies were delivered to distribution on Tuesday and were on there way to subscription customers. Bare in mind I have nothing to do with printers or distribution at all so may statement was not accurate

The Jan issues were delivered in Leeds on Tuesday but I did not know it takes 24-48 hours for them to turn them around, so they only left today and are to be expected early next week. Please post when you get yours in plastic wraps not the ones I sent out..

And a further update February issues are here and all internet orders including Feb issues will be in post Tomorrow once I am awake  They will be with distributor today and leave next week to subscribers.

March issue are due next Weds

And sit down for this bit

April issues sent to printers today and  is now booked to print run on the 19th, 10 days ahead of our pre covid schedule. And this  will be the first issue on sale in shops a week later as long as retail opening is not cancelled.

AND ANOTHER ANNOUNCMENT 

As many of you know I do have a day job, and my freelance Magazine work is part time and posting on forums is on top of both.

Once we have caught up with schedule I intend to stop posting on this thread as its job is done. But you can always email me with any questions at the editorial address but bear in mind when I am on duty I work a lot of nights and long shifts so reply may not be quick. 

Thank you very much for your full and honest explanation - which is much appreciated.  It's been a tough time for many businesses over the past 12 months and I hope I didn't come across as too snidey.

I will DEFINITELY obtain copies of both mags when they turn up at Smiths.

February SAMI and March SAMI + Model Aircraft arrived this morning - I only ordered them on Monday! Excellent stuff, guys - looking forward to April's issues now.

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

February SAMI and March SAMI + Model Aircraft arrived this morning - I only ordered them on Monday! Excellent stuff, guys - looking forward to April's issues now.

April in stock Monday to Wednesday this week available to order now on website.

Then we are all caught up.

Subscription copies Jan & Feb in post,  March in post on Monday, April in post Thursday or Friday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Thanks for getting involved in this situation. I've been waiting for jan/feb/march issues of SAMI which i did on a three month subscription and jan/feb,etc issues of MAM which i've got on a twelve month subscription. I'm in Cheshire and wondered when they may be posted. Also, i'be been told by MA that SAMI is going back into Smith's from the April issue as i have a file in my local branch. Is it possible to confirm that.

Thank you for taking the time to help,

Cheers,

Rodders.

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

Hi,

Thanks for getting involved in this situation. I've been waiting for jan/feb/march issues of SAMI which i did on a three month subscription and jan/feb,etc issues of MAM which i've got on a twelve month subscription. I'm in Cheshire and wondered when they may be posted. Also, i'be been told by MA that SAMI is going back into Smith's from the April issue as i have a file in my local branch. Is it possible to confirm that.

Thank you for taking the time to help,

Cheers,

Rodders.

Jan Feb and Mar are all in post now with day gaps in between and April will go later this week as came in at HQ this afternoon. We are using a new company based up north but so far none have landed other than ones from Internet orders which I send. This is very disappointing and the office are on it.

Any queries on missing issues should now go to [email protected] as I am now back in dayjob. I will update when I hear  anything.

And yes plan is back in shops with April issue and I did hear that some March issues have been seen in WHS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KLN said:

Both APril MA and SAMI on shelf in local WHS, had to leave them there as still waiting for the issues ordered online.

When did you order as I am up to date and posting daily anything ordered online? If more than five working days give me your 4 digit order number. There may be a small delay next week as I have to finish May issue so will be posting internet orders every other day? 

@WarthogMKL   March & April issues from order placed on Monday arrived this morning - now completely up to date with all issues going forward!

Thanks for all the hard work that you have put in over the last few months - hopefully now some semblance of "normality" can start to creep back in, and you wont have a house full of internet orders to send out!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

@WarthogMKL

Just to let you know I am still waiting for my subscription copies of January onwards.

jb.

Same problem here, but I phoned the office and was told that they would resend issues Jan,Feb,Mar of both magazines.

I live in hope

48 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

@WarthogMKL

Just to let you know I am still waiting for my subscription copies of January onwards.

jb.

As the man said phone the office is the first course or use the email [email protected]. With phone calls  they are working at home so if no one in  it should go to answerphone.

I did ask a few weeks ago for all those missing December issues to let me know and if you go back through the thread all who informed me got sorted. But I am now off sick leave so have less time than I did and am concentrating on my magazine work. But if you still have a problem contact [email protected] and I will reply when I can but it may not be quick as I have to do it on a day off

Edited by WarthogMKL

15 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

When did you order as I am up to date and posting daily anything ordered online? If more than five working days give me your 4 digit order number. There may be a small delay next week as I have to finish May issue so will be posting internet orders every other day? 

Arrived this afternoon 

Thank you

On 3/11/2021 at 11:02 PM, WarthogMKL said:

on duty I work a lot of nights and long shifts ... 

me too. Don't know how you do it  ..and this as well.  Thanks for all your work on these issues. 

3 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

me too. Don't know how you do it  ..and this as well.  Thanks for all your work on these issues. 

Start back at my other small job on 12th LOL really hoping all this is well behind us by then.

Getting an update from owners next Weds as others have said the mags are back in shops so that is another box ticked.

But we have  5 months worth of magazines worth over twenty thousands in the post to subscribers between the 12th and 25th March posted from a different location we really want to see them landing on mass soon. 

Aprils issues of SAMI and MA in WHSmiths Hinckley,bought them yesterday.

Do you know what happened to the issues that were collected from the printers but not sent out or received by subscribers?

Dave.

Hi,

Just an update. Still haven't received 3 month subscription Jan/Feb/March SAMI and  Jan onwards of MAM on 12 month subscription. Have tried ringing and emailing with no succes.

Sorry to ask again.

Appreciate everything you've done and doing for us,

Thanks,

Rodders.

Hi Rodders

If it is any help I am a SAMI subscriber and I am still waiting for the Jan, Feb and March issues as well.

The last e-mail communication I had with MA was on 19th March when I was informed that Jan issue was with distributers on 12 March and Feb issue on 16th March (I was not given any information about the March issue).  I was also informed that the bulk distributer quotes 3-7 working days for delivery. Based on this information there does still seem to be a problem with delivery to subscribers by the bulk mail supplier they are using as it is now 10 working days since the Jan issue was with them and 7 days for the Feb issue.

I plan to try and get an update from MA on Monday. I understand they have staff copies in the subscriber bulk mail pack so they know when they should have landed on subscribers doormats, so hopefully they will know if these have come through yet.

I will update if I get an answer.

Seventysecond