SAMI/MAM/ and SMMi update on missing issues and future publication dates.

WarthogMKL

Were due today to distribution, but the have slipped a week to 10 days. The plan is print run next Friday, but my experience is Friday runs rarely get collected until after the weekend as happened with the November issue reprint.

Printer produces a large number of magazines not just ours and are really struggling to catch up delivering 100% more magazines a month than normal for most of us.

I am hoping to get a more accurate info from the owners as I said in previous posts next week about the Jan to April issues  and confirmation on P-47.

Unfortunately I am now back on nights in my other job so I will update when I can. Subscribers emails will always go out first then I will post them here as soon as I can.

Edited by WarthogMKL

Just now, treker_ed said:

Thanks for the update. 

Just have to keep waiting then 😔!

Tell me about it my spare room/office is full of  boxes of internet orders as I post them from here once we get our copies. The pleasures of home working. Envelopes all addressed and labeled, just need the magazines and I can see the floor again. And get to my wardrobe without doing a weightlifting workout.

Though my clothing choice is limited to green uniforms or trackie bottoms and t shirts. On the plus side we have now sent March's issue to printer and I am halfway through Aprils, only plus side of being stuck at home with Covid for so long.

• Confused 1

Sorry for delay in reply I have been a bit busy.

Not sure why Feb Sami not up on website, I have been told to expect both Jan and Feb issues next week a week later than planned but I will send an email now asking why  SAMI is not on  there and see if we can get it on .

My December issues turned up today from the reprint run as well as the new P-47 book so all preorders and internet orders for the December issue are packed and will be in post Thursday. Still waiting to see subscribers copies hitting the matt that left last week. But I have not seen my postman since last week either.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dwh said:

Have subscriber issues for December been posted yet, as still not received mine yet.

Yes they were collected by distributor last week, I have not had my sub copy and none of our 25 test copies have  landed. But the pallet with the ones for our  online stock arrived yesterday 3 days late via a 24 HOUR courier. 

I queried this last night and got an email today saying Royal Mail have confirmed in system and should be with customers any day.

Though I have not had any post for four days now .

Also If anyone in UK has NOT had November issue can you contact me .

16 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

Yes they were collected by distributor last week, I have not had my sub copy and none of our 25 test copies have  landed.

December issue of SAMI was delivered in North-East Scotland this morning although MAM was not , will they have been posted separately?

2 minutes ago, Des said:

December issue of SAMI was delivered in North-East Scotland this morning although MAM was not , will they have been posted separately?

Still not got mine seems someone had kidnapped out postman now a weeks since any mail! They were posted separately but at the same time. if that makes sense.

25 minutes ago, WarthogMKL said:

Still not got mine seems someone had kidnapped out postman now a weeks since any mail! They were posted separately but at the same time. if that makes sense.

Will let you know if/when it arrives.      Since lockdown we have a single postie working on her own to do our street as opposed to two working from opposite ends of the street as had been the norm for the past few years and she usually parks her van right across the road while she delivers but some weeks we do seem to go for two or three days in the middle of the week without any sight.     Lot of pressure on the delivery staff and from what one reads not the best employer around.        

3 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Any idea when they will be available again at local newsagents? 

Eamonn

The plan is from March issue at the end of this month though may slip to April as soon as 100% confirmed I will post should know in two weeks.

Below is the new agreed schedule with the new distributor. (subject to Zombie Apocalypse 2 not happening)

These are on sale dates in WHS and Menzies shop, small newsagent may be the week after.

Hopefully if new system work subscribers will now get them the week before not week after from April is the plan.

April Issue:  27th March  

May Issue:  24th April

June issue:  22nd May

July Issue: 26th June

August issue: 21st July

September Issue: 28th August

October Issue: 25th September

Nov issue: 23rd October

Dec Issue: 13th  November MA Publications stock delivered to us 11/11 so we will have Dec issues brand new at Telford if show goes ahead!

Jan 22 Issue Friday 18h December

Edited by WarthogMKL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KLN said:

Website now stating Jan and Feb issues due to be dispatched 3 March 2021!

That is incorrect will get sorted. Jan and Feb are printed and are going to be shipped in two batches. I am expecting mine for Internet orders next week based on delivery time of Decembers pallet Which left on 18th 24 hour warranted by courier  and promptly arrived on the 25th!

Edited by WarthogMKL

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Still no delivery of December issue yet.

Looking increasingly likely RM have done it again as some have landed as someone has posted on here but the majority have not. Collected from printer on 18th Feb some in Scotland and North but that is it.

We are looking at moving to a new company who are based up North away from the Leicester NDC which is the common factor in all three losses to date. Though strangely only one November had to be resent and that was water damage so we thought we were through it..

If you have not got Decembers issue drop me a line, [email protected] Header December issue and name address so I can try and collate and sort out like I did last time. Though this is not the job I am paid to do LOL.

• Thanks 1

Dave,

thanks for the answers.

I have sent you an email to info@ma......  pointing out that my order for the January and February magazines has dropped off the website. Any idea why, or is it because they haven't been despatched yet?

Sorry to add to your woes, but I've paid for them, and I'd like to know they haven't fallen foul of the great electronic glitch in the sky!

Edited by Whofan

I ordered Jan & Feb issues of both MA and SAMi on 8th Feb.

Received an email this morning from Mark at MA Publications stating that Jan issue will now be sent out next week with Feb issue following the week after.

• Thanks 1